Chance encounters...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphim

Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;">DW and I decided to stop at at a nearby RV show after visiting our son for a long weekend. About halfway through the show, I thought I heard some say my name. I looked around, and a lady was looking at me.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">"Is your name Jerry?"</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">She looked so familiar, but I didn't know why, so I cautiously replied, "Yes..."</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Then I heard, "Dragonfly".</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">What a neat moment!</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">It's amazing talking to someone in person, with whom you've communicated over the net. It gives you a whole new perspective about them.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">And we also got to meet the Big Guy.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">It made going to the show worthwhile.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>

That's awesome that ya'll got to meet! Can you imagine what it'd be like to get to go to the RTR, Seraphim? I'll bet they are all having such a good time, wish I could have gone. I WILL be there next year though. Where was the RV show at that ya'll went to?

In Dayton Ohio, judy...

I noticed its been rather quiet around here with the RTR going on. They've forgotten all about the rest of us lol.

computer has been down a few days, I couldn't wait to do my little report.<br>DW and I initially started talking about rv differences and individual needs. As they turned to go their separate way I recognized Jerry's profile from his blog.<br>We four must have stood and talked and laughed for a half hour. I had to get back home and we parted ways. We did briefly discuss meeting up in the near future.<br><br>

That's great ya'll got to meet face to face. I'm so glad I found this site, ya'll just don't know! I don't think I have been this excited about anything in a very long time, I feel like a kid again! All I want to do is get myself together and get out on the road and start meeting up with people and enjoying my life again. I have always enjoyed camping and such, but having a chance to be able to meet people and camp with others of a like mind set, especially people that I have already talked to and kind of know, is just so awesome there are no words! Before I found all ya'll, I thought I was going to have to go it alone. I am married, but my Husband is very sick and the doctor's told me the last time he was in the hosp. that they didn't expect him to make it another year, so I have been very upset, not only worrying about him, but wondering how I was going to get rid of this house and try and live in my little camper by myself. Now I have someplace where I can ask all the stupid questions I need to without feeling like someone is laughing at me or something of that nature. Anyway, Guy's, sorry for rambling! I just want all of you to know how much I appreciate you for not only all the great info. you give us, but for being there when most of us would be alone. And I can't wait for the time when I can meet everyone and start enjoying this life! THANKS EVERYONE!

<P>
Anyway, Guy's, sorry for rambling!
<BR><BR>Hey, ramble away lol.<BR><BR>Sorry to hear you're going through troubling times, but there are some great people here - extremely supportive.<BR><BR>I've made some good friends over the 'net, and went out of my way to meet some of them. I've never been disappointed.<BR></P>Hopefully, a bunch of us are going to converge on Blkjak's location this spring. That should be interesting.<BR><br>Hope Little Sanitee is ready to roll by then...<br>

Wow, wouldn't that be fun! And I hope to make a few myself, how are they doing on that RV? Is she coming along? Speaking of Blk., I haven't seen him on the site for a few days, I hope he's just having trouble finding WIFI, and he's o.k.. Hope you have a great day Seraphim!

Hey blkjak

Glad to see you. People were getting concerned.

<P>That's a really beautiful area up there Blk.. I've been there, (the area, not the campground), many times. We go to Asheville and the Georgia/Ten. mountains alot,(used to anyway), I love it up there. The last time I was up there I went to Cherokee to go talk to them about my Great Grandmother and see if her name was in the roll books. We stayed at a beautiful riverside campground in Cher. That's a good place for a summer home. Can't wait till it gets warm enough to go back up there again.</P>

This is all great!! Its funny in a way because it was Seraphim who suggested&nbsp;the photo thread if you remember. So it was meant to happen.

Yea - but I put my photo up so, when you saw me, you could choose to run away in fright!

Cool that you guys met like that! That is really impressive that you not only recognized each other, but remembered what each other looked like from a picture. Not usually an easy thing to do!

I have had the pleasure of meeting about a dozen vandwellers, and gone to two weekend get togethers. Other than online, I am in direct contact with a few also. There seems to be quite a few of us in the southeast, in the Tn/Ga/Al area, and more than a handful of national forests ( hmmm, a coincedence?). I "SO" look foreward to meeting more. Another thing, it's funny, how many you see if you know what to look for..
Les

I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to take that lol....

...but please note in my new avatar, one set of wings is hiding my face.

Thought I'd take pity on you guys.

Les

I'm hoping Blkjak is willing to play host this summer - sometime after school is out. Maybe a small group of us could get together for a few days.

I promise, I'll weAr a mask.