caretaking/security jobs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
Found a couple of possibly interesting ones<br><FONT size=2><b><SPAN class=textB>Caretaker</SPAN><BR></b></FONT><SPAN class=text><FONT size=2><b>All Rents Party Rental<BR>2339 First St<BR>Livermore, CA 94550</b></FONT></SPAN><br><SPAN class=text><FONT size=2><b><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650><TBODY><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top align=left><P align=left><FONT size=2>Description:&nbsp;&nbsp;Looking for a well rounded individual to live on site. Must be willing to help feed the animals and also keep an eye on who's coming and going on site. Able to do odd jobs when asked.&nbsp;<BR></FONT><br></TD></TR><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top align=left><P align=left><FONT size=2>Requirements:&nbsp;&nbsp;Valid drivers license&nbsp;<BR></FONT></P></TD></TR><DIV align=left><BR></TR></DIV><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top align=left><P align=left><FONT size=2>Special Instructions:&nbsp;&nbsp;Please copy and paste resume to [email protected]. Or fax to 925-455-4977&nbsp;</FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2>=============================</FONT></P><H1 align=left><A href="http://www.idealist.org/view/volop/XH6P9PHskmfP" target=_blank><FONT size=2>Skilled Caretaker/Maintenance</FONT></A></H1><P style="MARGIN: 0px" id=postedOn align=left><FONT size=2>Posted by: </FONT><A href="http://www.idealist.org/view/org/F2pn7JpHjdbD/" target=_blank><FONT size=2>Vajrapani Institute</FONT></A><FONT size=2> </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2>QUALIFICATIONS</FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2>Necessary criteria:</FONT></P><UL><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>General maintenance skills, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Confident with general building and land maintenance, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Works well in a team environment, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Has own vehicle, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Sense of humor, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Reliable, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Very capable in the event of an urgent situation and he/she is alone, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Commitment to VPI’s mission and core values of wisdom, harmony, loving-heartedness, spaciousness, clarity, and trust. </FONT></DIV></LI></UL><P align=left><FONT size=2>Not necessary but a big plus:</FONT></P><UL><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Carpentry skills, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Mechanical skills, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Landscaping experience, </FONT></DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Not necessary to be Buddhist or spiritually inclined but must respect VPI’s spiritual environment. </FONT></DIV></LI></UL><P align=left><FONT size=2>BENEFITS</FONT></P><P align=left><FONT size=2>This is a 25 hour per week long-term volunteer position in exchange for simple lodging and meals. There are many opportunities to participate in retreats and learn the dharma based on one’s interest.</FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2>APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.</FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2>=========================</FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</P><DIV class=entry_content><P>Looking for Customer Service centered person to work our RV Resort entrance. Duties include but not limited to Greeting Customers with a Smile and Postive Attitude, giving directions, answering questions, checking in RV's when office is closed, directing emergency personnel, office paperwork. <BR><BR>This person is the first person our customors and visitors will meet therfore, Fist Impression is a Lasting Impression. <BR><BR>Hours will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday 3pm - 11pm<BR><BR>Must pass a criminal background check and have zero felonies on record.<BR><BR>If intersted, apply in person at <BR></P><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;1452 S. Ellsworth Road<BR>Mesa AZ <BR>480-984-1146 <BR>Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm</P></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></b></FONT></SPAN></P>

I wish this was on the east coast.<br>

<FONT size=3>FWIW, I saw a couple in Maine, VT, and NH but was mostly looking for nice weather.&nbsp; If you're interested I can find them, easily enough and send them to you.&nbsp; I think I saw a couple in FL, too.</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>google caretaker RV or&nbsp;security RV, with the state you are interested in finding work.</FONT><br>

At least in California, most "security" jobs require a "Guard Card".&nbsp; There are classes you can take that help you get it, and I've heard recruiters ready to hire almost anyone who passes.&nbsp; Mostly working nights and weekends, for not much more than minimum wage.<br>

I just found this thread after posting to a new one.
I know, I should have looked first.
But I Ain't Right.
Here's a Caretaker Gazette link (like Workamper News but all Caretaking jobs)

http://www.caretaker.org/

I search INDEED.com for caretaker jobs just to see what is out there...........some good ones do show up there from time to time but the ones I have had came from personal connections.

I'm pretty round in spots, but have rough edges,  it would be hard to call me well-rounded,  but I think I got the sense of humor thing knocked.  I know I amuse the heck out of myself. 

Maybe I should apply!

Pat

This thread and the original job posting is from 2011. There's a good chance the openings have been filled and/or changed

I would totally let someone stay at my place in exchange for 20hrs of work a week. if they do a little extra I'll throw in a bologna sandwich...gee what a deal.

maybe I can find a couple and they can work my full-time job for me. Or 2 couples and double my income!

12 hours a week for rent only in a private space shared bathroom. Flexibility about hours so they can earn at an outside job.

15 include utilities, wifi, 20 to include reasonable groceries, shared cooking.

IMO more than fair, would get **tons** of takers within commuting distance of a decent sized city.