Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't limit yourself to my list. there is a lot to do in that etc. category. prospecting for gold and rock hounding come to mind. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
don't limit yourself to my list.  there is a lot to do in that etc. category.  prospecting for gold and rock hounding come to mind.  highdesertranger

I am sure I can find something to do, I have a LARGE selection of TV shows and movies on a 12TB hard drive. We could set up a TV night.

And I like to smoke ribs, pork butt, and other goodies.

There are a lot of people who are planning on camping together at Quartzsite this winter. None of the gatherings are organized by either Cheap RV Living or Homes on Wheel Alliance so you are responsible for deciding if you are comfortable with the safety precautions that each group is practicing.
For gatherings check here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wecamptogether/

You can also invite people to join your group by posting on this forum https://vanlivingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66
but that page doesn't get much traffic.

Free lander, if you’re ever on the East Coast bring those ribs and pork butts with you, please. you’re making me hungry. I don’t do the desert but I like dessert.:)

nature lover said:
Free lander, if you’re ever on the East Coast bring those ribs and pork butts with you, please.  you’re making me hungry. I don’t do the desert but I like dessert.:)

I do have a trip planned for the New England area, but with COVID it's on hold.

What I like about this Smoker is that is comes a grill plate as well as the rack, so I can cook Bacon and Eggs, Biscuits and Sausage gravy, and about anything on it.

Freelander said:
And I like to smoke ribs, pork butt, and other goodies.
Pork butt, yea! The bears can smell it 20 miles away, but there aren't any bears in Quartzsite this time of the year.

Freelander said:
Any places to go fishing??
There is about 300 miles of Colorado River separating CA and AZ. There may be some fish in it. When I camped on Lake Mead near Overton, the neighbors were fishing there. There is also the Salton Sea, but you probably don't want to fish there.

Martinez Lake, a few miles north of Yuma, is a so-called fishing community.

Qxxx said:
Pork butt, yea! The bears can smell it 20 miles away, but there aren't any bears in Quartzsite this time of the year.

I would be more worried about the 2 legged critters getting to the Pork Butt.  :D

Qxxx said:
There is about 300 miles of Colorado River separating CA and AZ. There may be some fish in it. When I camped on Lake Mead near Overton, the neighbors were fishing there. There is also the Salton Sea, but you probably don't want to fish there.

Martinez Lake, a few miles north of Yuma, is a so-called fishing community.

I'll have to check it out when I get there. I prefer Catfish, but if it swims I will eat it.  :thumbsup:

there are huge catfish in the Colorado River. the river is about 22 miles from Quartzsite. highdesertranger

:thumbsup:highdesertranger said:
there are huge catfish in the Colorado River.  the river is about 22 miles from Quartzsite.  highdesertranger

I am sure I could find a fishing guide to take me out. Blue Catfish can reach 20 lbs in this area.

You headed the wrong way for fish, caught a cooler full of stripers last night now the water finally cooling off here at Lake Powell. Catfish count against you here! Lol!!!

Freelander said:
 if it swims I will eat it.
That's why I warned you away from the Salton Sea, lol.

Regarding the Colorado River near Quartzsite, actually Ehrenberg, there is a dirt road running south near the river for 10 miles or so that people take their RVs down to camp. You do have to watch for pack rats, and even though the rattlesnakes hibernate in the winter near Q, a woman was bitten down that road last winter about the end of February. So just keep an eye out.

Like I said if it swims I'll eat it, but you need 1 20lb BlueCat. HAHAHA

Latest posts