• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cabinet maker needed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wandered

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a cabinet maker/carpenter/or joiner to get a quote on fitting out a van. I will be hitting the road, end of this year and will be getting something along the lines of a GMC Savanah. I don't really have the time or patience to fit the van out myself. I am looking for a tradesman who can do the following:

Lining the walls;
Basic bed;
Basic bench  with a table - lid/seat can lift to form a cupboard;
Basic work surface for preparing food.

If you could message me on this forum and we can make contact and discuss by email.
Many thanks
The Wandered

Your general location or the location where you want the work done would help tremendously. Highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Your general location or the location where you want the work done would help tremendously.  Highdesertranger
My Bad!

I'm coming from Europe so would coordinate with the tradesman. I am currently looking at carguru.com.
My plan was to find and buy the right vehicle and then drive it to the tradesman.

I know a guy near Atlanta that is a first class cabinet builder and excellent finish carpenter too. He will only work by the hour though. I get the best deal on my vans in the Atlanta area, as their hundreds to choose from, and no rust.

Great!

Can you please give me his contact deets?
If you don't mind me asking, what does he charge per hour? How much did your van fit out cost?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

I could help you out, I am currently doing my mini van. I would be much cheaper than a cabinet guy too. I have been posting my progress and soo I will be starting my actual build, so you will see my capabilities.