Cabinet frame built today

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcor

Reaction score
Used 2x2 with L brackets from walmart. Will hold my Dometic CF 25 near side door, battery near the back door. Will be covered with thin particle or plywood and covered with speaker box carpet. Cut some doors in the plywood with hinges. Will fasten the cabinet to metal side beams. Add a counter top for cooking with my coleman single burner. Maybe add a hidden pull out extention table under the counter.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    775.7 KB
Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    753.3 KB
Another

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    798.9 KB
Looks like it's coming along nicely, sheeted up will definitely add strength to the cabinet.

It's good to see you have some leg room between the bed and cabinet!

Good job dude!

If you ever remake this, I would cut the ends of the top pieces at a angel so that the top parts all rest on the vertical pieces. I have to give you an A+ for balls and guts for doing it. A backer board should stiffen it up good along the back with the sides and front. Might add a couple of vertical pieces in the middle. You have a small place you are working with so I wonder if you could make a sunken box to put the burner in with a piece of solid countertop to cover it with and a finger hole to remove it when you cook? Just an idea......

Sweet job!

John