Bumper pull camper mounted on cab & chassis ideas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooo nice link, Tx. Thanks for posting that. That page has some good stuff on it.

I go off-roading with my daughter and her fam sometimes and one of my favorite things on those trips, besides the camping, is seeing all the cool home-built camper/atv haulers that they bring out to the ATV parks. Those ATVrs ain't afraid of nuthin' :)

So go for it, AaronB. Get that torch out and go to cuttin'! It'll turn out just fine.

Johnny

See -- I'm not the only crazy one

Dropping a travel trailer onto a flatbed truck or cab-n-chassis is not common, as in 'you see one every day', but they are out there. It ends up being a kind of motorhome, but without the normal pass-thru from cab to cabin. 

Well, unless a pass-thru is fabricated afterwards, of course.

Not having ever built or bought or sold one, I suspect they tend to lose value quickly, because the resale market for DIY franken-rigs can be kinda weak in most cases, unless you have done an unusually excellent job of it. 

I could be wrong, of course. And if resale is, and will always be, a non-issue, then you dont have to worry about that at all.

Latest posts