Building Arabella

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a hardsided kayak, it's an inflatable Alpacka raft! it weighs 5 lbs, inflates in minutes but it doesn't track all that well but maybe that's the operator... :D It would do better going down a river with a current. I'm having real problems getting in and out of it since I'm getting less flexible by the year...sigh!

Had it out in the water yesterday for the first time in ages. I have to figure out whether I'm going to keep it or not. Would kind of like to replace it with something easier for me to get in and out of but then carrying weight and storage becomes a problem.

There is a guy on tnttt that made a single seat pontoon out of electrical conduit and some big foam blocks that folds front to back and fits on the rack of his ATV that is super light.

oh, inflatable, that makes sense :) I have hard sided kayaks so my mind went right there first. Thanks for the info.

Ahh, too bad you are having troubles getting in and out. I hope you find a solution.

Wow, awesome build. Really good work. Some of the pictures you shared of the cabinets will be very helpful to me as I start formulating ideas for my own build.

Almost There said:
It's not a hardsided kayak, it's an inflatable Alpacka raft! it weighs 5 lbs, inflates in minutes but it doesn't track all that well but maybe that's the operator... :D It   would do better going down a river with a current. I'm having real problems getting in and out of it since I'm getting less flexible by the year...sigh!

Had it out in the water yesterday for the first time in ages. I have to figure out whether I'm going to keep it or not. Would kind of like to replace it with something easier for me to get in and out of but then carrying weight and storage becomes a problem.
A raft will not track well, its hull is not designed for tracking.