Break ins

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
I heard someone mention that larger vans are targeted more for break ins , , so what do  you van owners think , is this true?
I have a full size Chevy Express and have had no problems.

Burglars will break into large vans because they believe there are valuable tools inside them, AND that no one will catch them while they break in. If your van looks like it is lived in, it is unlikely a burglar will target it.

I feel break ins have more to do with the area you are in, then the size of your van. highdesertranger

The only van I've had broken in to in the past 40 years was a GMC Safari mini van.

It was broken in to because it was parked overnight in the far back area (visitor parking) of the apartment building in the largish city my  mother lived in. It, along with 3 other vehicles that night (none of them vans btw) were broken in to and all had broken glass. The thieves were not very thorough, they just grabbed what they could reach from the drivers seat. Thankfully, they missed my  most valuable thing - my laptop.

IMO whether or not you're a target for a break in depends most definitely on where you're parked, not what you're driving.

USExplorer said:
Burglars will break into large vans because they believe there are valuable tools inside them, AND that no one will catch them while they break in. If your van looks like it is lived in, it is unlikely a burglar will target it.

I agree but there's other crooks that are mainly interested in car stereos

Latest posts