Boondocking Location Ocala National Forest, Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgilbert

Reaction score
Large, cleared site Mill Dam Lake

Take highway 40 east from Silver Springs
Turn left on SE 196th Terrace RD
Cross SE 3rd which leads to the lake (I spotted a black bear on this road)
Site is about 1/2 mile from SE 3rd on the right
There is a large log along the road so its easy to spot.
Site is large enough for 2 RVs 
There is a vault toilet and trash disposal on SE 3rd (right on the lake)

Great to know! Is it a Water Management campsite? Did you have to register and if so, what was the fee, please?

It is National Forest or BLM land. No fee, no water, electric, or restrooms, etc. Its boondocking which means there is nothing here but a place or places to park. (and a lake at this site)
I treat all public land as though it is water management I guess, Im not sure what is special about a water management site.

Thank you for the lead on Boondocking in Florida. Your question about water management sites. They have different rules than national or state forest including limited stay and pre-registration etc. Thanks again. Any information about Florida is greatly appreciated from anyone.

Thanks MyBB Engine
I asked the rangers at both sites I posted and both said 14 day stay but I was at the first site 4 days before I saw a ranger... I dont think it is enforced? As long as someone isnt causing problems I think you would goo pretty much under the radar 

Awesome! Thanks, I'll have to check this out here shortly.