Books for Aspiring Nomads

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bast

Reaction score
Hello:
I've read Bob's book of course. I've also read Nomadland. However, I was wondering what other books are out there that might be either helpful or describe the lifestyle.
Bast

Bast said:
Hello:
I've read Bob's book of course. I've also read Nomadland. However, I was wondering what other books are out there that might be either helpful or describe the lifestyle.
Bast

Mine.  :)

I think the book Lenny refers to is The Electronic Nomad.

I used the bleach-based laundry bucket method I learned in his book (with this plungery doodad).  I test-drove the process at home and then used it to good effect at the RTR. 

I would also suggest consideration of these ebooks:

[ul]
[li]RV Boondocking Basics, by Sunny Skye[/li]
[li]Boondock Bob's Guide to RV Boondocking, by Bob Difley[/li]
[li]Snowbird Guide to Boondocking in the Southwestern Deserts, by Bob Difley[/li]
[li]BOONDOCKING, by Bob Difley[/li]
[li]A Beginner's Guide to Living in an RV, by Alyssa Padgett[/li]
[li]Vanabode, by Jason Odom[/li]
[li]So You want to be an RVer?, by John and Kathy Huggins[/li]
[li]RVer's Bible, by Kim and Sunny Baker[/li]
[/ul]

Although I bought a van rather than an RV, I bought and read used paper copies of these helpful references:

[ul]
[li]How to Select, Inspect, and Buy an RV, by JD Gallant[/li]
[li]RV Repair & Maintenance Manual, by Bob Livingston[/li]
[li]Woodall's RV Owner's Handbook[/li]
[/ul]

NOTE - I am still struggling with weird list/font formatting issues.

I'm now reading 'American Nomad', probably on Bob's recommendation. A very well written history of the Western US by a nomadic british travel journalist. I have not finished it yet, but so far excellent.

I just got a couple from the library, including

Take Back Your Life by Stephanie Bernhagen - along the lines of the content of this forum, and videos, etc., but book form and written in 2000, so probably out of date on some of the details but not the overall gist and philosophy, with some personal stories of full-timers.

The others I got are a For Dummies on RVing, and then one on vehicle living that actually seems more like a dissertation that got published than a useful read - unless you are an academic sociologist or really into statistics.

I like reading dissertations. [emoji1]. what was the name of that one? you can pm it to me if you prefer.

Sent from my BLU_STUDIO_XL using Tapatalk