Bob's blog

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratfink56

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I went back to the beginning of Bob's blog and started reading. While I didn't read every entry I read a helluva lot of them.

I learned a lot. About camping, conversions, gear, photography, wildlife and Bob. It was fascinating stuff. Bob's photos would make a beautiful coffee table book. There is a lot of emotion in his writing. It's obvious that this is his reason for being.

If you haven't read it I strongly recommend it. Start at the beginning like I did. Read what interests you. It will be time well spent.

I wish he was still writing there.  I've read most of them and found them very enjoyable.

Youtube may be the king, but I hate wasting my time going through long videos to find the part I want to see. Anything over about 4 minutes doesn't even get a glance.

I much prefer to read as I can skim to the part that interests me and there is not so much bloviating. I just want the facts and nothing but the facts.

Open youtube, stop the video, wait for the transcription, copy transcription, close youtube...to get the text without the entire video wasting your bandwidth.

Still a lot of bloviating to get through and more wasted time. Lots more trouble than clicking, reading and closing.
Writers don't seem to get keyboard diarrhea very much either. Just a preference. My $0.02 worth.

Ken, somebody had mentioned that in another thread. Let me see if it actually works..lol. Okay what you do is

1. pause the video at the start
2. click on three dots to right, under title (...)
3. click "open transcript"- it takes a second to open on the upper right
4. copy the text- maybe best to toggle off the time stamps