BobBski's Prep for launch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built the kitchen work area utilizing a wooden base unit which will have a drawer opening to inside of Van.  The actual work station will be a Camp Chef cooking station.  It will be able to be used from inside or outside by just picking up the Camp Chef and facing it the right direction.  Or be totally taken  out, extend the legs and used on the ground.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
Here's a view of the working side unzipped.  Look closely and you'll see the 1 burner stove already inside the top left compartment.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
Here's a the Camp Chef docking station.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Picture of bed, 70" X 39", from inside before docking station added.  Lots of storage.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
This is going to be a 52" X 52" shelving unit.  Scrap pieces of wood used to determine dimensions.  Bottom row will be Dometic 50, 20 lb propane in milk carton, then house battery(s).  Note:  Vehicle battery is located under drivers seat.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Wow... a man with a very detailed plan. You've got a good-looking full scale apartment going on there... LOL... glad you are not getting carried away. Just kidding, as it looks like you have the skills to utterly tailor your space for what you want/need.

Thanks but, I can only take credit for the plan and ideas.  My brother has 40 years cabinet building experience and just needed rough sketches and the actual items to be stored.  I played "step and fetch" man in this job.  I was going to build it and just use his shop and tools but he said he'd very much like to do the build for me. A great baby brother he is  :)

And my 80 year old severely arthritic Mother, bless her heart, begged me to please let her hem the thermal blackout bulkhead curtains. She wanted to have a part in the build too. I had the right width but they were 84" long and only needed 72". She did it using a 50+ year old Singer sewing machine she's had since I was a wee lad. She's all excited and supportive in my new life. Love her to death.

Just read through your entire thread. Love it! Between giving your granddaughter and son in law a leg up start in the world and your mom and brother helping with the build what's not to like. Oh, and the van is pretty darn nice too.

70x39", I could not sleep on that, I am 72" myself (not saying how wide i might be, lol)
nice build for you though

I'm watching your build intently too, as I am in the parts gathering stages of my Transit build. Lots of good ideas and craftsmanship here so far, nice work! I am planning on going with a rear door "garage" for all my outdoor gear and tools as well, I thought it would make sense.

ArtW said:
70x39", I could not sleep on that, I am 72" myself (not saying how wide i might be, lol)
nice build for you though

I can imagine all the disadvantages of being short or small suddenly become huge advantages when you decide to live in a vehicle or small space! If I was any taller than I am, I would not be able to arrange our bed sideways in the rear, and I would lose either a good bit of floor space, or lose some storage cabinets to make room to fold the bed out of the way for daytime use. If I had pituitary dwarfism I can only dream of what kind of mobile castle I could construct! I could fit a two story abode in a High Roof van!!

AngryVanMan said:
  If I had pituitary dwarfism I can only dream of what kind of mobile castle I could construct!  I could fit a two story abode in a High Roof van!!

True - a dwarf could rock the van lifestyle . A extended Chevy would be like a Class C

Well....after finding places for as much of my stuff as I could, I had this brought in for use over the weekend.  My granddaughter and her husband are coming over to empty the house of the remaining homeless stuff.  Won't be long now  :D :cool:  
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 10
Dumpster is full..whew it was hot.  Tuesday I lose my recliner and 50" flatscreen  :huh:  Mattress for Van not due in for another week.  Granddaughter and family moving in around Aug 5th, signing deed over to her tomorrow.  Final countdown going fast.

BobBski said:
Well....after finding places for as much of my stuff as I could, I had this brought in for use over the weekend.  My granddaughter and her husband are coming over to empty the house of the remaining homeless stuff.  Won't be long now  :D :cool:  
Dumpsters are sooo liberating arent they? I filled a smaller dumpster up a few years ago. Didn't realize how much of a slave I was to material things, until I finally did it. Im down to some tools and clothing. What I own is stored between my semi sidebox, and car parked at the terminal. I even sold off my guns. I have 1000 rounds of .40 I still need to give away. Sept will be my official vanning launch date. Have fun and stay safe.

REVELATIONS 8

I've narrowed my mail service down to 2... UPS, they only charge $10 a month and forward on demand at a "by weight" charge. And... Pak Mail, similar cost and offer more services. Both are large national and reputable companies.

Latest posts