Black & Decker CM618 Coffee Maker

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captndiet

Reaction score
I bought one of these coffee makers about 2 months ago and here are my thoughts on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008YS1WXE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a 120v coffee maker that you can put up to 16 oz. (2 cups) of water in and it will brew that amount and shut itself off when brewing is done.

No hot plate, brews directly into your cup or mug and then shuts off.

It comes with an all plastic 16 oz. mug. It would be the mug I would gladly loan to someone, hoping they did not return it.

The filter cup is all plastic and works fine, just dump grounds out and rinse. No issues re-using last 2 months.

I ran a test today to see how long it takes to brew and how much energy it uses.

I measured out 8 oz. (1 cup) of water, added coffee. plugged into my Kill-A-Watt and turned it on.

It took 2:39 to brew and shut-off. The meter read 5.10 amps/594 watts while brewing.

I then let it cool off and ran it again with 16 oz. (2 cups).

It took 4:36 to brew and the meter again read 5.10 amps/594 watts while brewing.

It allows Sue and I to each make coffee with our preferred coffee and strength.

It would work well for people wanting hot water for tea and also would be the easy way to make hot water for a sponge bath.

Obviously it is not for everyone and you would need a 1000 watt inverter, but it may fit the ticket for some.

Jeff

I bought a Mr Coffee 4 cup maker. It was on sale at a supermarket for 9.99. It takes one pint, (1/2 liter) of water and 4 tablespoons of coffee. When the cycle is finished I pour the coffee into a pint sized thermos to keep it hot. Glass carafe into stainless thermos, into pottery mug. The pot only uses a bit of 120V and then it is done. I will check the use when i find my meter.