Biking, running, rowing, oh my.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luisafernandes

Reaction score
Last year I was able to bike 3500 miles while climbing over 200,000 feet. At the same time I ran 750 miles while climbing 54,000 feet.
I also got my concept2 rowing machine back from the wife but wasn't able to use it much due to limited space at my parents place.
With all that running uphill last year, obviously I had to come down also, and it was that downhill that hurt my knee to the point I had to stop last December 31, and didn't start again until the second week of last month.
I'm able to ride a couple times a weeks, run 2 or 3 times in the treadmill at the gym, and row. All pain free, so far, as long as I don't push it too hard, something I was doing last year because of the competitions I was involved in.
If you can get to a gym, and they have a Concept2 rowing machine, use it. Or any other rowing machines. Rowing is one sport that's almost zero impact on your joints and works your entire body.
Riding over a hundred miles with 10,000 feet of climb;
008b9ebbd48f8b29b28878e742e5efbf.jpg

Duathlon event;
c958aed3309578b1780fee6c91a693fa.jpg

eed2b4afcb99272350fe8d047e5dc6ae.jpg

That's what the concept2 looks like.

Wow, good job on all the cycling miles! I like commuting to work via bicycle and the biggest year I ever had was about 2000 mi.

The downhills murder me :/ glad you are feeling a little better.

DazarGaidin said:
The downhills murder me :/ glad you are feeling a little better.

Thanks!
And I exacerbated the situation by continuing to run with pain thinking it would go away. It didn't.

I used to run and backpack regular until 8 years ago. I started having a lot of knee pain. Turns out my meniscus was shredded

Iggy said:
I used to run and backpack regular until 8 years ago. I started having a lot of knee pain. Turns out my meniscus was shredded

Sorry to hear that.
So far running on the treadmill has been ok. Time will tell.

Latest posts