Best Value Diesel Heater?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XERTYX

Reaction score
So I'm gonna be buying a diesel heater off of amazon either today or tomorrow. I kinda wanna get the cheapest I can find and do all the install myself, BUT I kinda wanna get an all in one unit.

Most likely I'll be installing the heater in the passenger side floor board of my 06 Dodge Caravan. (If there is enough room for the exhaust hole to be drilled there)

It would be nice to have the lower profile NON all in one unit in that spot vs the all in one BUT the AIO unit just needs exhaust, ducting, and 12v power connected, everything else is prefab.

Is it worth the extra 10-20 bucks for that simplicity? Then its gonna be a little taller and taking up more space. Also I'll have to fuel it inside rather than mounting the fuel can outside.

I dont like the idea that the diy heater kit has a fuel canister with no hole in it and I have to drill and install the fuel line myself.

If anyone has installed one in a Dodge caravan I'd love your input. Where did you bore the holes? Better yet do you have a picture of the van from underneath? 

I'm gonna have to crawl into the mud to drill the holes anyway so I'd rather have a plan before I get covered in cold red Georgia clay and have to plan while laying in it.

I have a new all in one diesel heater that you can have free if you want it. If you would like to pay the shipping, it would be nice.

You can come to pick it up or I will ship it. (I'm not far from GA).

Oh wow. That's very generous of you. Right now I'm having electrical issues with my van I frequently lose my instrument panel gauges and intermittently it wont start so I dont go far from my family's property.

I might can bribe my brother to give me a ride though. I wont ask specifics of course but what state are you in? I'm in NE Georgia.

I have one more to give away, if anyone wants it.

The overwhelming kindness in this community is like nothing I've ever seen. Just a wealth of friendship, camaraderie, and good will.

Made my day.

Camper said:

If it doesn’t find a home I’d like it to donate to HOWA. I can pay the shipping of course

That's a great idea, but the problem is the shipping rate on this heavy package is just too expensive.

I have one more new diesel heater to give away.

It's free, but you please pay the actual shipping cost.

I could really use that heater. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, ya'll are awesome! I don't need the heater, but many on here could really use one. Glad it will go to a good home and hopefully make someone happier in their life.

I'm on the east coast somewhere near Florida. I can ship it.

I’m in the Carolinas. You know on second thought I don’t need it as much as someone else might for HOWA.

Cammy is right. Should donate to someone who REALLY needs it. I don’t need it that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check http://vevor.com and search diesel heater. Many different models most under $120. I ordered what looks like real 2K one for 113.99 (dimensions are right). Free shipping, US warehouse.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

True to his word I recieved my heater today. Camper is a truly generous person. I gotta get together with my brother tomorrow to borrow his drill and finish the install.

This is SUCH a relief for me to have it in my hands. I dont have to worry about winding up like Jack Nicholson at the end of "The Shining".

Glad you received it today. Sure hope it works well for you.

Let's go camping soon.

Howdy,
I actually need a diesel heater. That’s what I was doing on the form is just packing around for knowledge. If you have an extra happy to pay postage, boxing, handling and a “hassle” fee. I’m way out in the Great North-wet (Oregon) where chilly rain is falling for the next week.
Just let me know please, and if still available I can Venmo or PayPal as soon as you request.

Thx.
Stu Ehr
Sisters, OR