Best Tether/Wifi Cellular Solution?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am told that on Howardforums that they are saying the Mobley is selling again for $20 a month unlimited.

I am on Cricket. It is pretty good for a family (4 phones "unlimited" for $100). As Jim said, you might be able to do better with another provider.

You must use a Cricket approved phone to tether. Unlimited is capped at 3 Mbps bandwidth - fast enough for a phone, might affect you for a tethered laptop. Tethering is 10 GB maximum/month.

I just got a 4th line with a Motorola e5 Cruise. It cost me $9.99. It's a surprisingly good phone for the money.

That all said, I recently took a trip from Colorado to New York through some pretty empty country (I went south through Texas, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina). I had better reception with my Verizon hotspot than my Cricket phone. Also, I had an external antenna for the hotspot and used it when inside my van because you're basically in a big metal box. So you might not get the performance you want via hotspot inside a closed vehicle.

I use NetBuddy (ATT) it's $60 per month for unlimited. I average around 170 GB per month in data use.

I also have Straight Talk (Verizon) and use an LG Stylo 3 phone (Walmart) for a hotspot. It's $55 for unlimited. Their fine print says implies that they don't want users using over 60 GB per month.

Been using both for about 7 months and very happy.