Best bath proodect you'll ever have!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treknik said:
Also available on Amazon with free shipping. I ordered a 10 pack to try out. Thanks.
That's good to know Thanks! Please post if you like them, I did but maybe I had real brain freeze  :D

lenny flank said:
Vandwellers and RVers in general are a fiercely individualistic and independent breed of people. 
We'd all get along lots better if we just recognized the simple inescapable truth that I am always right, about everything. I *thought* I was wrong once, but I was mistaken about that.
:)

Van dwellers and RVers in general come directly from the big gene pool of the general populations. It is very typical that most people consider themselves to be fiercely individualistic and independent. People in general don't like to feel boxed in, constricted and controlled. A lot of business leaders living in custom houses fit the profile of being fiercely individualistic and independent. So do many politicians, crusaders for the environment, advocates for better housing for the homeless, advocates for save the whales, advocates for public transportation, etc.  It is of course an inescapable truth that I am right about that aspect of human nature. But of course what is going on here is trying to identify yourself not as being fiercly independent but instead identifying yourself as belonging to a like minded community who want to believe they are fiercly independent types. Of course you can't be both of those things at the same time :) By the description of the personality type a fiercely individualistic and independent person is not going to be trolling around in this forum or asking for help. In putting labels onto ourselves we attempt to ourselves we attempt to define who we want to be. Most of the times those labels are a poor fit at the time and doing so is an indication of the kind of person we admire and hope to become. Remember just because we like to identify with a type does not make us one of that type. If you are here asking for help you have not achieved independence. If you are here to tell people what to do you have are looking for feedback from others which is also not independent. If you are looking for community you are not independent. But there is nothing wrong with wanting to be dependent on the help, support and also having the personal satisfaction of being of use to others in a community.

hmmm, very independent people don't know it all ever so an very independent person would depend on seeking knowledge to become more independent about how they want to live.
Once learned about certain aspects of what they need to know they are done and ready to launch.

I mean if NO ONE who was independent ever seeked extra knowledge about a new venture or whatever, heck they would be...hmmm...like a god I would think :) Anyone here a god of some sort or ever has been?

Extreme independent people still seek knowledge when they know they need/want it.

Independent people are after all human and don't know it all at every turn and learning what you need is key to being every more independent.

there are varying degrees of being independent, no one has to point out the limits of what it means to be very independent I would think. I mean life is not black and white, it is shades of gray at all times.

I think a waterless option that comes with its own soap is pretty interesting, and pretty different than the other items people responded with. I bookmarked it to be looked into later. Thanks for posting.

Personally, I like being able to wash with suds, and then rinse with water at least every few days.  

I squirt a dab of something that smells pretty on the disposable washcloth, have a scrub, then rinse and throw the cloth away. 

Maybe it’s a girl thing, but I just feel more clean.  :s

Lots of folks here have rigged up shower systems that use very little water.  I have a 2 1/2 gallon solar shower that gets comfortably warm in full sun and works very well. 

I can easily get a couple of body rinses out of that, or one good head wash.

Some strip nekkid outside to shower, me not so much  :s, but I can stand in a collapsible basin inside and then dump that outside.

Keeping water consumption down, and slowing the filling of grey tanks is my goal, while still smelling fit to be around.

I'm always learning. I don't care for TV, not on social media, but always on the lookout for beter products & better ways to do thing. I also look to the old ways when I have a problem to solve, how they did it 100 years ago as they got a lot done without the machinery we have today. A friend had a fairly small stump about a foot across he wanted gone. He has a 25 hp tractor that wouldn't pull it out but after telling him they did it with a mule or horse & how it came right out. We used about 12' of the tree he had cut, chained 1 end to the stump where the chains got tighter with more pressure was applied chained the other end to the tractor & it twisted it right out. Common sense wins again & saved his a several $$$ from hiring a dozer.

We're getting off topic, here. Start another thread about independence, elsewhere.

Thanks, Gr8ful,

I will add the link to my dream list. It is helpful to be able to test new products before I retire and snowbird full time.

I don't think the other link went into this much detail.

SoapCloth Dry Hygienic Wash Cloth
10-Pack
SALE: $5
List Price: $9.95
SoapCloth Dry Hygienic Wash Cloth
100-Pack
SALE: $35
List Price: $79.95

DESCRIPTION:
SoapCloth is an eco-friendly hygienic wash cloth, with a 10-year guaranteed shelf life; they can't dry up like traditional wet wipes. Each sheet made of recycled material, contains a tremendous amount of compressed soap particles that are dried in a unique process, there is nothing else like it. The SoapCloth has a soft refreshing touch but is capable of removing the toughest grease with ease and without the use of harsh chemicals. Just add minimal water, 20ml/4tsp or the equivalent of four bottle caps, and it is capable of washing a full size person's entire body without the need to rinse, wipe, or dry the body.
SoapCloth is intended for self hygienic washing of a full size person's entire body under field conditions while using minimal amounts of water and utilizing a unique soap formula that evaporates by itself, eliminating the need for wiping or drying. After 1-2 minutes of natural evaporation there are no traces whatsoever of soap, water, oiliness, odor, stickiness, etc. It simply leaves nothing but a clean and refreshed feeling. Removes remains of acrylic paint, ink marks, mud, soot, oiliness, grease, etc.
Just a minimum 20ml/4tsp of water activates the soap concentration formula, and creates a deep thorough and refreshing quality cleaning, combined with massive foaming that is sufficient for a full body wash.
FEATURES:
Single cloth for an entire thorough body wash
No need for running water, only 20ml/4tsp required
No need for drying/wiping, soap evaporates by itself
Odorless and doesn't leave traces of water, soap, stickiness, oiliness, etc
Chamomile Enriched
Hypoallergenic, Alcohol & Latex-Free
Removes acrylic paint, blood, ink marks, mud, soot, oiliness, grease, etc
Reduces effects of abrasions, irritated skin, fungi, and eczema
Burns naturally when dry for use as fire starter (before or after use)
Lightweight, stored easily, doesn't dry up
10+ year storage life in dry conditions
WHO IS IT INTENDED FOR?:
Backpackers, hikers, outdoor enthusiasts, hunters, fishermen, soldiers, construction workers, mechanics, farmers, and all places in which there are difficult environmental conditions. In environments where there is a lack of water In environments where there are not good sanitary conditions
HOW TO USE:
Add a minimum of 20 ml/4 teaspoons of water to the cloth
Massage the cloth between your hands until the soap starts foaming
Wash body as desired
Wait for 1-2 minutes for perfect evaporation

Gr8ful said:
That's good to know Thanks! Please post if you like them, I did but maybe I had real brain freeze  :D

So, my 10 pack showed up (5$ amazon, free shipping) and I gave it a try:

The whole pack weighed 1.6 oz w/ a single square weighing .1 oz.
The package says odorless but I think I sense a slight fragrance.

I did the whole body wash thing. This little square packs a ton of soap! Similar to if you turned off the shower and spent several minutes work with a bar of Ivory soap before rinsing off. Rinsed it a bit a couple times to get it wetter while using and it still pumped out soap.

Now I'm standing there covered in soap thinking crap I have to go shower off now (Chamomile?). No, waited a couple of minutes and was completely dry with no soapy feeling. Like I just took a thorough 5 minute shower. I tried it on my hair and the results were sort of dry and stiff.

After the cloth (not paper) dried it looked like a frayed piece of flannel. You could use it again to wash with if you added a bit of your regular soap or didn't rinse it like I did. You could also scrub dishes or something with it.

I'm definitely going to bring a few of these along for multi-day backpacking trips as they are light and reusable/multipurpose. However, I would be a bit concerned about the fragrance while tenting in bear country.

Bottom line I think they are a winner. They could replace your regular routine but probably only if weight or convenience is a concern.

I Have to feel clean & 35 cents & my privacy is worth it & 4 capfuls Not cupfuls of water is good also. Thanks for trusting me enought to try them!

maki2 said:
This is a very difficult forum in which to try to talk about things you have found that work for you. It seems that all responses immediately turn to what that responder does and how they do it and why it is better. 

It might be a cultural differences. The way I see it (and the way I intended my initial response) is that this is like show and tell, not confrontation time, not fishing for validation time. 

Person 1: Here's what I do and why I do it.

Person 2: And here's what I do and why I do it.

Person 3: Interesting. Here's what I do and why I do it.

Person 2: Cool, I hadn't heard of that.

And so on. It's a conversation, it's sharing, it's expanding the pool of knowledge.

That's what it's all about. I got my air conditioner in today based on another members comments & the research I did & of course got a good deal or I don't buy. My A/C was $189. The SoapCloths were $5 but still alot of pushback to try something new. People are funny. Now that Treknik tried them maybe others will also.