Being a Nomad doesn't mean abandoning family.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blanch

Reaction score
02ce676609783110c964bebd251b6b0b.jpg

My oldest son got married yesterday. Today is the reception at their home. I am parked out in front. It was a lovely ceremony in the Sequoia Park Flower Garden. They asked me to be the photographer. I am both honored and privileged to be included in their lives. Although they tell me my lifestyle makes them nervous, they are also very supportive. My son's help me do any repairs on the trailer anytime I am in town. It is a beautiful life and I am enjoying it. I am happy for the first time in over a decade. Life is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice photo! It looks like they picked a beautiful place for the wedding ceremony.

We've been able to visit scattered family and friends much more often than we would have if we had stayed stationary. Plus we can also stay longer and lend a hand if it's needed. It's one of the benefits of this life!

I agree tonyandkaren, I get to see a lot of old friends and family living this lifestyle. Over the summer I was in an area where I got to visit with friends from over 30 years ago. If I still worked 9 to 5 and lived in a S&B home I would have never been able to do it. Reclaiming lost friendships has been very nice.

The inlay on that dress is quite special. It is raised about three times the height and really "simple elegance", yet dramatic. Thank you so much for sharing that. You are very talented with your photography skills.

Belinda2 said:
The inlay on that dress is quite special. It is raised about three times the height and really "simple elegance", yet dramatic. Thank you so much for sharing that. You are very talented with your photography skills.

Thank you! This is the first wedding I have photographed. I'm happy with most of the shots. The dress and the location were perfect. So was the weather. We have been dealing with smoke from the near by wild fires. Yesterday and today the smoke cleared. Some days I like to reflect on how lucky I am, today is one of those days.

How wonderful! So nice to be able to be there for the ones we love, and that is a beautiful photograph.

"Being a Nomad doesn't mean abandoning family."

Not even if we want to? Oh, SHUCKS!

TrainChaser said:
"Being a Nomad doesn't mean abandoning family."

Not even if we want to? Oh, SHUCKS!

I am selective with whom I call family. Not all relatives make the list.