before pics of hi-top conversion van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchie

Reaction score
Here's some before pictures of how bad my 1998 ford econoline E150 starcraft conversion van looked when I purchased it last fall. Lots of rusts everywhere. Most of the interior work is 80% done, so in near futur, I will post after pictures for you guys. Boy it's a lot of work doing such transformation. Hope we'll like using the van.

Attachments

• campeur-4.jpg
    campeur-4.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 23
  • campeur-3.jpg
    campeur-3.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 30
  • campeur-2.jpg
    campeur-2.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 38
  • campeur-1.jpg
    campeur-1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 31
frenchie said:
Here's some before pictures of how bad my 1998 ford econoline E150 starcraft conversion van looked when I purchased it last fall. Lots of rusts everywhere. Most of the interior work is 80% done, so in near futur, I will post after pictures for you guys. Boy it's a lot of work doing such transformation. Hope we'll like using the van.

What are you doing to the inside of it?    That bed sure looks lumpy!   :D     My Ranger  has rust around the wheel wells is that something you worked on on your van?  Be sure and post pics.       TJB

hey TJB thanks for the comments. yes there was rust all over... the floor, rockers, around the fenders. only the doors were ok. The worst place was the lower portion of the 2 rear doors... totally destroyed by rust. we had to totally rebuild it.As you may know, here in eastern Canada, the winters with all the salt they put on roads are hard on the vehicules. I will sure post the final transformation soon. What I did for the inside is I removed of course the 2 middle seats, replace carpet with vynill flooring, I build a counter with sink & drawers which I installed behind driver's seat, Also instsalled a furniture (like the one we have a our bedroom to store clothing...sorry just can't find the word for this piece...I am french speaking guy) behind the seat  -bed. I must mentione the bed are in fact the standard seat that transform to a bed with electric motor. That's about it. oh I also remove the big fat console (where the engine access from the inside) I made just a small board with 2 holes to hold coffee glass etc... doing so, makes it a lot easier when I want to move from driver seat to the read interior section. I don't have to jump over the standard console the was there originally.

whatch for the pics coming up soon.

frenchie said:
hey TJB thanks for the comments. yes there was rust all over... the floor, rockers, around the fenders. only the doors were ok. The worst place was the lower portion of the 2 rear doors... totally destroyed by rust. we had to totally rebuild it.As you may know, here in eastern Canada, the winters with all the salt they put on roads are hard on the vehicules. I will sure post the final transformation soon. What I did for the inside is I removed of course the 2 middle seats, replace carpet with vynill flooring, I build a counter with sink & drawers which I installed behind driver's seat, Also instsalled a furniture (like the one we have a our bedroom to store clothing...sorry just can't find the word for this piece...I am french speaking guy) behind the seat  -bed. I must mentione the bed are in fact the standard seat that transform to a bed with electric motor. That's about it. oh I also remove the big fat console (where the engine access from the inside) I made just a small board with 2 holes to hold coffee glass etc... doing so, makes it a lot easier when I want to move from driver seat to the read interior section. I don't have to jump over the standard console the was there originally.

whatch for the pics coming up soon.

Cool. I just did the quarters, rockers, and floors to a rusted up Dodge RV. I hated doing it so much I give you northerns high respekt for doing this all the time!

I hope all this rust repair included cutting out all the rusted metal and welding in patch panels then treating the welds with an anti rust coating. highdesertranger