Beaded Curtains

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beaded curtains will not provide privacy at night when you have lights on. Amy materials that have a perforated effect be it woven, punched holes or strings of beads have the effect of being able to see through them to a more brightly lit area from a dimly lit area. That curtain will give you daytime privacy but not night privacy if you have lights on in the van.

I think she had a blackout curtain for at night. The beaded curtain sounded good but I already have to listen to all the stuff rattling around in my head. Haha. Some neat ideas though on this thread. Fun to hear ideas...

Being a teen in the 70s the sound of the beaded curtains bring back good memories. I may now have to consider them.

I see the beaded curtain whipping back and forth every time you hit the brakes.
And it does not provide much privacy.
I don't see any value in such a thing, other that questionable ambience.

I have a favorite beaded mobile that has taken a beating, so do not reccomend the beads. Though they are so cool.
-crofter

Another must have is a headache skirt over the side door. In most vans this is a lowered opening and you will smack your noggin on it.

I have seen beads used here. Same issues with beads all over the place. I stiffened a piece of fabric with hot glue designs and glued & screwed in place. The fabric has maintained its form and gives a gentle warning a few inches out from the steel door frame.
-crofter