Battery mount to frame rail ideas?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deltanner

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of building out my van. It's a 2004 E350 extended. I have two vmax 155ah batteries. I think I have room to mount them under the body on the very back and somehow maybe fasten them to the frame rail. I'm trying to figure out the best way to actually mount them there though. They're pretty large and i can't find a battery box that fits them. And most of the highly adjustable mounts are meant to mount on the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas how I could mount them up there?
d72457c44568e4754789b2bb1287a76b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trebor English said:
Are they short enough not to mess up your departure angle? Will they drag after you go over a bump?

No they won't. In fact, there is enough room up in the cavity there that they won't even hang down below the body panel. In other words, you wouldn't even be able to see them in this picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could attach a flat tray with a hinge at one end, slide the battery up onto the tray then lift the other end.  A floor jack could lift and hold as you put in 1 or 2 bolts to hold the second end.

I have use one of these to mount batteries to the frame:   https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all76100

You can get them in multiple sizes to weld in or bolt in.  You will need something this stout as the batteries are heavy.  If you know a welder a dual frame mount could be fabricated along this line; otherwise you will probably need two.  Summit also has a large selection of battery boxes, but you still need something that will support the the batteries from underneath .

You will need a battery box with a tight fitting cover as your rear tire will throw a lot of crap into that area.

-- Spiff

Latest posts