Baja-Places to stay? Anyone going?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Element Gypsy

Reaction score
I would appreciate any tips on where to stay in Baja.
I was looking for a caravan to hook up with but so far I have not found one.
I have never been and will be traveling alone. I am a seasoned traveler but any campground ideas would help.
I want to see some of the Baja 1000 in Ensenada Nev 14th

I haven't been yet, but a friend recently told me about Bowen Ranch Camping near Estero Beach. I have it saved as a "want to visit". Safe travels.

I’m also interested in visiting Baja. I understand there are groups that caravan down after RTR each year. Right now I’m ‘stuck’ caring for my elderly mom but hope to be back in my van by July and I want to explore Assisted Living options in Mexico for mom so hope to connect with a group going down next season.

Element gypsy. Where did u go in Baja? How far down? How long did you stay? What great things did you see? Where are the photos? Etc etc. I always wanted to go but so far....

Did you get pics? Make a blog?

yes,lots of photos.
I am just getting around to putting videos together now!
I was dreaming about going again and decided to make a film.

here is the link to part one.

please share and like and subscribe as I would like to try to grow my channel.
I will have about 3 more of Baja and Mexico to put up over the next few days.

Going to the van build then who knows. Where I am renting a room is getting a little crowded so I have to find a
place to live or go back in the Element and travel/camp. Wish I could figure out where to go next. I am pretty broke and somewhat disabled and have a hard time working. I want try to live and settle up in Humboldt so I might go there to look for a room to rent....but,,,,,,, BAJA!

Thanks. Let me know when you have more I’d like to see them. Did you say how long you stayed in Baja? Any troubles or particularly poor roads?

You are going to the van build? Are you having something done to your Element? Those are neat vehicles with all kinds of attachments that can be added and I was bummed when they quit making them. What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

I’m not out west yet this year but will be around Quartzsite this winter. Give me a shout if you are around. Come over for coffee or happy hour I’d like to hear your stories.

Thanks

Thanks! Hope to be around a little this winter. Getting help with a better bed platform for the element.
Will try to help people with sewing.
Looking for ward to meeting up with you in the future.

AnnieSantiago said:
I’m also interested in visiting Baja. I understand there are groups that caravan down after RTR each year. Right now I’m ‘stuck’ caring for my elderly mom but hope to be back in my van by July and I want to explore Assisted Living options in Mexico for mom so hope to connect with a group going down next season.
Yes there are some youtube videos on the assisted living at lake chapala. It looks really nice and growing.
My nephew bought a condo in PV and his mom goes for the winter. I liked Baja better, but I only was on the coast of the mainland. Lake chapala is inland. I did go to San Sebastion and that was pretty. I will be making more videos of my trip so check my you tube channel and subscribe.

Element Gypsy said:
yes,lots of photos.
I am just getting around to putting videos together now!
I was dreaming about going again and decided to make a film.

here is the link to part one.

please share and like and subscribe as I would like to try to grow my channel.
I will have about 3 more of Baja and Mexico to put up over the next few days.

Your trip looks exciting! Mexico is on my bucket list, but realistically, I can't go for another year. I'm on disability, so money is a huge barrier. But I'm not giving up the dream:)

I hope you make more YT vids. I enjoyed those.

Mexico! I want to go this fall.  I am thinking late October.  I have been to Puerto Penasco ( Rocky Point) 2017 and I walked into Algodones in Jan of 2019.  PM me if you want to get a Fall ladies caravan going.