Auto360 is good people.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMG51

Reaction score
I met up with Auto360 today in Tucson, who was generous enough to do some welding for me.

Several weeks ago my catalytic converter plugged up and the van wouldn't run. I cut both pipes from the exhaust manifold and the pipe leading to the muffler, hollowed out the cat, and clamped it back in place. The clamps weren't perfect and the exhaust was pulling apart every now and then, it needed to be welded.

That's what happened today! It's finally all in one piece and I'm happy. He would not accept payment either in money or beer so thanks here are the least I can do. A few snapshots attached from today's work.

See you again at the RTR!

Attachments

• IMG_20161216_144208972_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161216_144208972_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20161216_143927040_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161216_143927040_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20161216_232628.jpg
    IMG_20161216_232628.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 76
Makes my night when my faith in humanity is reaffirmed.

Thanks for posting and thanks to Auto360

I always pay anyway , i dont want to see people work for free.
If anybody works for me i'm paying them.

Thank you for posting and thank you to Auto360 for the kindness shown.

I have been on both sides of the situation. I enjoy helping and money just takes away from it. I haven't really needed a lot of help until recently and it is hard when they refuse any gratuity. So it's not always about instant repayment, some day, somehow the world pays you back.

TMG51 said:
I met up with Auto360 today in Tucson, who was generous enough to do some welding for me.

Sounds like a really nice person. Cheers to Auto360. :)

Thanks for kudos all. Honestly I'm just happy to feel useful. Spending months in Utah with no tools and hence no projects is hard for me.
Anyway, this offer extends to everyone here. Give me a heads up of when and what and we'll see if I can help. This stuff is fun for me.
BTW- I'm in Tucson

Kuddos Auto360.....

TMG51....that tire looks pretty worn on the inside.....maybe time for an alignment?

Thanks for chiming in Auto!

Poncho, my front tires are trashed. Uneven wear and chopped tread. I had the front end aligned before I put this pair on so I know I have front end problems but I'm not sure what.

TMG51 said:
I had the front end aligned before I put this pair on so I know I have front end problems but I'm not sure what.

I'm not a front end guy, but how are your front shock? In the cobwebs of my mind I seem to recall a relation between choppy tire wear and shocks?