• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auction knowledge post...can you tell why...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD GUMBEE

Reaction score
sitting on a river-bridge playing the banjo...
...this would NOT be a good GSA vehicle to bid on??

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/?sl=4XQSCI19876001

It's a very good platform.
One of the best bang for buck, actually.
The miles are certainly right...and the condition looks good, too. Just enough "ugly" to bring the value down to price levels most could live with.
Little hint=the reduced engine power warning is rather common and at this mileage, not likely to be anything major.
It has nothing to do with that.

What does this truck tell you about itself from a single glance?

it looks like it's all pimped out. how does the GSA come by a vehicle with so many after market parts? I hope that's not our tax dollars at work. multiple dents? where did this truck come from? highdesertranger

The "Boy Racer" hood screams that he over revved it while street racing, and it now has a knocking rod bearing with a nice golden sheen to the oil, and possibly a blown head gasket. The fact that the hood is left ajar, as if being half closed indicates that it needs some under hood repair...$$$.

Is it because you'd have to enter Florida to retrieve it?

Wabbit said:
Is it because you'd have to enter Florida to retrieve it?

Nope.

HDR and ckelly nailed it...even though they provide differing ways of describing it.

This is NOT a normal fleet truck.
Rims, hood scoops, bed cover..."pimp" stuff.

Either a DEA undercover unit (possible...but the paper says "5 speed" so I don't think so.

My guess is, its a marshal confiscated vehicle from some drug case that sat ten years while they went through a trial...or something like that.

I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.

I have pulled the trigger on 60K in GSA auctions without ever having touched one in the group...but I would have to see/hear/drive and CLOSELY inspect this one before even considering it.

"Go fast" add-ons are NOT what you want to see on a used truck. Ever.

OK, I can see their point, but it's probably because you would have to enter Florida.

Latest posts