Aspiring Nomad - Owner of freedom

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnWeekends

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself, an aspiring nomad.  I came up with the idea of leaving the corporate world (and being chained to my cubicle) and mixing seasonal work with travel. I don't want to spend my short time on this earth as a corporate slave (I am in midlife now - early 40's).  Initially I was going to do international travel, but I decided to wait until my senior dog is no longer with me. Thought it would be fun to spend his last years on the road with me, to enjoy him now before the inevitable comes.  As the research and ideas evolved, I decided to start out with vanlife.  Here I am and I bought a 2007 Honda Odyssey minivan a few weeks ago, and I am planning my launch.  I also plan on heading to both WRTR and RTR in January, very excited to meet new friends.

Welcome to the CRVL forums UnWeekends! See you in Arizona!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

How exciting! So nice to start off in a new van. I’m new too, working on hitting the road ASAP! So n car to have all the support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW all of that does sound exciting :)

I so get ya on not being a slave to work and get some freedom out of this life! Husband just took early retirement at 52 and I am 56 and in 5 yrs when kid is in college we are selling and hitting the road. We also realized we can't let life slip thru our hands how we want to live it, freedom in travel! Best of luck!

Aspiring Nomad
We are right there with you. Feel the exact way. As I'm sure most do. Time flies by we all must enjoy this life while we are here. 
Enjoy the journey.
MikenMJ

Welcome to the forum Unweekends, I also have a senior dog and she just loves it when we’re on the road . She is 12 and when on the road she acts 7 or 8 again