Around the World...but of course

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogercouture

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so glad I found the CheapLiving.com forums, just what I needed.

So, I have a '95 Toyota Previa that was our original soccer van and now with all the kids out of college has been converted to SHAMU, the surf-mobile.  After reading "Barbarian Days; A Surfing Life" and meeting the author William Finnegan, I'm like what the heck "I'm surfing around the world." Sooo much more difficult today than in 1980 when he did it.  And then I go, "wait, I have Shamu, I'll go around the world North to South."  On one of our deep south surf safaris, I remember the sound of the knife "ringing" the empty peanut butter jar and thinking, "time to head back home".  We had food and a town a few hours away, but it was time to go.  Decades later, I am thinking, "wait, there's solar, & fridge and cooking plates, and a bed!! in the van, I'm going 1st class, baby!!"   Anyhow, HighDesertStranger has slapped me hard ; -) for the same post twice, in VAN, and in Electrical; Battery, Solar - welcome!
Roger J. Couture
Ventura, CA
"Surfing with Snakes & Dragons
    & other Tales of Suburbia"

Welcome Roger to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

haha I didn't slap you hard, you just made a honest mistake. misbehave on the forum and you will see what getting slapped is all about. LOL

highdesertranger