Are people really this foolish?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who am I to judge what makes people happy?  Be it a stereo that scrambles the brain cells or a condo.   If someone has the means to restore a 1975 Vega Kamback with a Cosworth motor—- Let them alone. 

I will do what makes me happy. That doesn’t include putting it on YouTube for the world to criticize because they are different. 

Chill.

GotSmart said:
That doesn’t include putting it on YouTube for the world to criticize because they are different. 

Chill.

youtube + crazy things = hits = $$$.....foolish all the way to the bank, or maybe just a piggy bank

but i agree, chill, live and let live :)

I think I'd ask the couple directly, "What were you thinking?" rather than project or make an assumption.

I spent a lot of money learning how to build a better camper that suites my needs. If I had found one I could fix or modify it would be as or more expensive. I can see spending money to get what you want or need but sometimes what others do seems a waste as I'm sure some think of me.

And Goodwill said:
Has anyone wondered yet, if at least some of those luxury products were donated to them by the mfg'rs, for clever & free advertisements for their products to be shown in numerous videos? Or that maybe they got a huge discount on them for being notable & popular YouTubers among the famous & highly regarded Airstream & other sundry TT owners groups?

Yes actually, that did cross my mind. The reason for the threads original title, in fact.

And Goodwill,

From their blog about the trailer:

"Total Airstream Renovation Cost = $54,307.69 USD (approx. $69,638.67CAD)

We have a few incredible sponsors who were part of this Airstream renovation including Furrion, Tuft and Needle and GoPower! Therefore, we saved $5983.54 USD reducing our total to $48,324.15 USD (approx. $61,959.96 CAD)."

Right on the money!!

Good find! They made some egregious omissions of facts in their video. I didn't go as far as their blog. But I figured as much from get-go. Great form of adverts, for couple & corp, it is a win-win. 

Omission of facts, is the heinous kind of lie, it purposely puts honest people on the wrong path. Then that disadvantages people, usually in a money loss by not knowing, then it is win-lose.

Eddie Bernays ! style of selling since 1950s, through lies & deceit. Marketing and advertisers & their corps loved Eddie B's pink kitchen appliances' sales & duping the public to buy it.

So many of the foundations of our society are "heinous", kind of hard to get people outraged once they've become accepted by the mainstream.

Just withdraw, so you and yours are as little exposed as possible, and try to keep alive that little hidden flame of what's really right and wrong.