Applying for social security disabilty while on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dingfelder said:
Don't do anything, ever, not even once, you wouldn't want to be caught at and have being promulgated as full proof of the way you do everything all the time...
Don't do anything with your garage door open, and don't try to show yourself how courageous you are by trying extra hard despite your limitations.  You might also be showing something people will use to say you're full of crap.
Thanks for sharing this.While one tries to better themselves it seems that money is needed as govt programs are not guaranteed Is there perhaps a middleground of puttting all eggs in one basket What alternatives do you see ?

Workman's comp has everything to do with injuries on the job.

So I'm not sure how much of that advice would apply to your situation.

SSDI does allow people to work PT once you get it.

Explore what their policy is for PT work while you're waiting?

slow2day said:
Workman's comp has everything to do with injuries on the job.

So I'm not sure how much of that advice would apply to your situation.

SSDI does allow people to work PT once you get it.

Explore what their policy is for PT work while you're waiting?

My brother worked part-time on SSDI for a while, but his disability is not physical. He now meets his need to feel like a contributing member of society with volunteer work.

But if your SSDI claim is based on a physical disability - my advice would be to find something other than teaching golf. Among other issues, what if you made your condition worse? Golf can be hard on the muscles and nerves in your lower back.

Your attorney would know, ask her/him. BTW, never lie to your attorney.

thanks for the definition of TLDR.

please everybody define your abbreviations unless they are very well known.

highdesertranger

I was initially diagnosed with mental health disorder and then recently with chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome.

Do you have access to some organization that advocates for people with disabilities?

I used to volunteer for and also worked at a non-profit that helped people navigate life in general but also helped with job training and the disability claims process.

@slowday..

Not quite sure where to look as organizations like sacrementos health and human services

Vocational rehab..dont seem to be aware of environmental issues like mold,air pollution,and other sensitivities like electrosmog

If one doesnt fit in..

I could be mistaken though

Programs that help one through nature therapy seem difficult to find

highdesertranger said:
What does TLDR stand for?

everyone please define your abbreviations that are not in the rules.

highdesertranger
Probably a 15 year old one.  Too long; didn't read. (TLDR).  Gotta update y-seff, HDR! In context, this means here's the very bare bones of the following so you don't have to read the rest if maybe you don't like the poster or have the patience for nuance or just already probably know what's going to be said, etc.  

Generally, it's a way to alert you to value you would otherwise skip over and lose even if you actually could value it yourself. And give you a way to get past people you have a grudge for without taking yourself out of the conversation and general comity entirely.

" Gotta update y-seff, HDR!"

no I don't. posters have to define their abbreviations. there are common abbreviations in the rules and others are very well known like OMG, LOL and a few others. but everything else you must include a definition.

highdesertranger

Get with the program bro. Like I said, this is at least 15 years old. Both of us are very well over multiples of that. Sorry yer old, but so am I. Catch up. Bruh. I did and I'm WAAAY behind. There is no such thing any longer as resting in place. Don't get angry at me; believe me, I'm the last person who would want that to be the case, but it is. I'm waaaay behind on so many things. Here's yours. Seriously, don't freak out now. I hope you're not that brittle, being a grown-up and all. I think? If I'm wrong I'll never see this post.

highdesertranger said:

no I don't. posters have to define their abbreviations. there are common abbreviations in the rules and others are very well known like OMG, LOL and a few others. but everything else you must include a definition.

highdesertranger

HDR (High Desert Ranger) [emoji12]

Forum rules are there for a reason. Newcomers are baffled enough figuring out how to navigate the forum! :)

HDR = He did right

Abbreviations and acronyms can be Googled.

Some can have mulitple meanings though.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one would apply to whatever is being discussed in a post.

Some forum members don't seem to be very familiar with using Google.

They should be encouraged to learn more. JMHO of course.

Can we add one in the same category as 'TLDR'?

'WoT' Not wide open throttle either!

'WoT' for Wall of Text...a huge wall of text with no paragraph breaks are really hard to read....at least for my old eyeballs.

If you type a lot of something worth typing, and you want us to actually read it, for gawdsake people....hit 'enter' a few times, ok?

Thanks.

And BTW...I had no idea what TLDR meant either...thanks HDR..  IOYO.

(I OWE YOU ONE!)

:D

highdesertranger said:

no I don't.  posters have to define their abbreviations.  there are common abbreviations in the rules and others are very well known like OMG,  LOL and a few others.  but everything else you must include a definition.

highdesertranger
We are both old, my friend.  Both of us need to admit it.  Maybe it is time to join the rest o' the world and update the glossary?  Surely you can't believe it could possibly be static in these rapidly changing times?  I've been adapting since the BBS days of the late 70's.  You?

I'm fully in sympathy because I don't get half the stuff out there.  I don't do twitter or instagram and only recently got a smartphone.  I don't know half the current stuff and probably less.  

But once things are 10 or 15 years old or more, yeah ... catch up. It doesn't become a matter of opinion or preference anymore.  It's just the facts of the day. Join the future or no, but when the present is 10 or 15 or 20 years old ... time to at least join the past.

I wish you weren't old and I wish I weren't old, but that's the way it is.  You can get mad or maybe even take negative action in an attempt to stave currency off and keep things weird-adapted and out of touch or express vengeance at a differing opinion/realization ... or just adapt.  Like the rest of us young whippersnappers do, tarnation!

Updating your glossary isn't that hard. IMO,TLDR, IMHO, AFAIK, IIRC ... how thrown for a loop have you really been if you've even halfway tried to figure these out on your own or keep up? It's a few minutes to look these up and join the rest of the living world. You're a good enough guy proved time and again.  Why be lazy?

Acronyms are born from being lazy, to lazy to spell things out. I've been around the block a few times and still had to lookup TLDR (again) as it hasn't "registered" in my long term memory.

TL;DR
definition and argument for the use of acronyms. Also, C is for cup and t is for teaspoon =)

An acronym is pronouceable and usually pronounced as a word, like ZIP code (zone improvement plan). An abbreviation is not pronounceable, such as USPS.

TL;DR is very familiar to this particular old person. I think it was born on reddit. There is a particular subreddit that has hilarious TL;DRs, but being so old, my memory fails me on which sub.

Acronyms and abbreviations are definitely not always lazy -- they unclog space and time and yet remain concise. An example that comes to mind is my use of KA AP flour when talking bread making. (HDR, I did define it in my sourdough thread before using it without! If I had to spell out King Arthur All Purpose flour every time it was specified, my cloddy, unwieldy posts would be ever so much more unwieldy.

Hey guys bump

I was curious having a phone hearing at the end of the month and being told records are usually submitted just days before hearing instead of weeks before.Its a phone hearing with a tough judge

I find it difficult to have this amount of trust in an attorney

Like what if they don't submit it or forget.

Are there negative consequences to submitting them on your own without mentioning to the attorney?

Thank You