Anyone use air projectiles?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingfelder

Reaction score
Don't wanna alert google or whatever, but ... 

Does anyone here enjoy pellet guns?  I loved them as a kid and realized lately that they are something I could enjoy well into old age (I'm getting there) without needing to be particularly healthy, vigorous, or strong.  And pellets are dirt cheap! Plus targets you could print out anywhere or just use a marker to scribe a bullseye on found objects.  Or just grab a coke can or spot a pine cone or whatever.

So why not?  As hobbies go, it's incredibly cheap.

Traveling between states or even counties or even cities might cause problems, though. 

Your thoughts?

I've have a Gamo break-barrel rifle w/scope. Most accurate I've found for about $200 without scope. It's good to 40' so repeatable for shooting holes in paper at about 700 fps.

I'm not aware of any laws in any state that would give you grief over a pellet gun in your vehicle. Although I'd keep it tucked away when driving to avoid any law enforcement questions. They would take it to be real at a glance. It is not classified as a firearm as far as the BATFE is concerned. So if asked it's a "no officer, I do not have any Guns/Firearms in my vehicle". But don't take my word for it, go to the Federal web-site and check your local laws too.

(BATFE = Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives)

I know that NJ does not allow sales of air guns. Not sure if they found one, what they would do.

One of the first things I bought on my drive from NJ to NV was CO2 pistol in Texas.

Now I have that pistol, a second pump single shot pistol, and a scoped pump rifle.

I have a break barrel pellet gun that I haven't shot in a few years.Don't know why I'm still hanging on to it.For entertainment,I'd much rather sling a few arrows from one of my bows.But,to each his own.

Shooting pellet guns are good fun, not sure about the craziness of the laws but out of sight is out of mind.   A metal can lid hung off a branch or a bush can be a lot of fun, you know when you've hit it!   Plus it's easy to clean up and take with you.

I used to have a VW camper van with the slanted pop top and the open end had a large zip open window. It was a perfect shooting blind as my side cock spring gun made a pretty loud thunk which was muffled when shooting from inside. I could hunt roosting pigeons anywhere at night and not get hassled. One school district actually encouraged me to help them with their problem!

That's pretty cool!  They're edible if you dare(lotsa disease) and pests to an extreme degree in many places. Pellet guns are great fun and a very cheap hobby.  I've been shooting since I was small and still get a kick out of it.  Targets are fine for me and 99% of what I shoot and have ever shot, but if pests are about, I don't blame anyone for dealing with them.

Latest posts