Anyone Try Comcast Mobile?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbearded

Reaction score
Hi All,

Saw an advert from Comcast for their new mobile service, $45 for unlimited LTE on Verizon's network (throttled after 20G). link
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, I tried going on Howardforums and looking but the search kept glitching up, lol.

I have not tried it however there is a thread on it at Howardforums.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...etails-Mobile-Phone-Service-as-Xfinity-Mobile

I also have not read the thread but $45 unlimited on Verizon isn't too shabby.

On edit it seems the $45 plan is linked to their X1 service. It also drops from Cell to wifi on any of their hotspots. (customer modems with a second transmitter) The thread is 41 pages long, it may take a while. lol

Is the 20-GB limit higher or lower than normal?

I'm very often over 80GB myself.

John61CT said:
Is the 20-GB limit higher or lower than normal?

I'm very often over 80GB myself.

If it the same language that most plans have, the norm is 22 gigs and you MIGHT be throttled/deprioritized/ network managed IF you are on a congested tower.

With a Comcast account (borrowed?) one can connect to the many high powered wifi hot-spots available with Comcast. I get a fine signal from a location that is 600 or more feet from my rest. Can do a movie with no problem.

Weight said:
With a Comcast account (borrowed?) one can connect to the many high powered wifi hot-spots available with Comcast. I get a fine signal from a location that is 600 or more feet from my rest. Can do a movie with no problem.

When ever you see “CableWifi” it’s a shared network of multiple cable providers, Comcast or any of the other shared cable provider accounts will work,  and don’t forget ATT phone service comes with free ATT WiFi, which we find at many Mc D’s along our path.