anyone know what this is?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
  We're camping in Yosemite and spotted this unusual trailer in the campground. Nobody home and they were gone by the time we were up and around the next day so we couldn't ask any questions. It looks modular, like additional sections could be added. No name anywhere. ???

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    226.7 KB
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    233.9 KB
Thanks gsfish! I searched for modular trailers but never came up with Teal. So the concept is a modular trailer that can be taken apart and stored until needed. No piece weights more than 35 lbs. and the furnishings come out so it can be a cargo trailer or a camping trailer. They don't make any longer than 10'. Interesting concept!

think the size can be whatever you want, just add more panels...

Looks like they arent taking orders anymore...shame :( I love the idea of these.

from the website:
"WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS
production has been suspended indefinately while we reorganize"

Too bad.....I think that group looking for volunteers to go to Mars (one-way) should buy 20 of these things, set em up as a 'colony' in the desert, then after a year see if those volunteers still wanna go!   :s

johnny b said:
from the website:
"WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS
production has been suspended indefinately while we reorganize"

Too bad.....I think that group looking for volunteers to go to Mars (one-way) should buy 20 of these things, set em up as a 'colony' in the desert, then after a year see if those volunteers still wanna go!   :s

Lmao...

I thought it looked like a trailer of port a potties.

Looks like it was made from several plastic outhouses.

Very warm and homey. Not!

johnny b said:

http://mdrs.marssociety.org/

I wouldn't want to make a one way trip unless I was down to my last few active years, but I do hope to go someday(and return or move on, maybe to the Europa Colony? ;-)).