Any recommendations Flagstaff area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
Be driving to Albuquerque next week and have not been through Flagstaff in 25 years at 70 I get 50% off (usually) I prefer national parks but whatever for 1 PM till 5 AM next day. Not too far off road I am no trailblazer.

The easiest for Flagstaff newbies is A-1 Mountain Rd, one exit west of all the Flagstaff exits in the direction of Williams. Easy National Forest camping, easy on, easy off I-40. Enjoy! (The forest around Flag is full of forest service roads and camping....for detailed information stop at the Information Center in the train station in the center of town and ask for a Motor Vehicle Use Map which will show you every road and every campsite.)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you're just stopping for the night, there's a Cracker Barrel right off I-40.

You should check with the forest service about what areas are open - much of the Coconino NF is currently closed to all public access, including many of our campgrounds. I believe The campgrounds at Sunset Crater NM are still open.

Just realized NM could be New Mexico - in this case I meant National Monument.

Wander Woman said:
You should check with the forest service about what areas are open - much of the Coconino NF is currently closed to all public access, including many of our campgrounds. I believe The campgrounds at Sunset Crater NM are still open.
How about up by the Canyon, like TenX and FR 688? Closed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk