Any interest in attending Frontsight Firearms Training Institute in Pahrump, NV?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Souleem

Reaction score
Hello CRVLers,

After so many recent mass shootings, I hesitate to post this and I sincerely apologize if this post offends anyone.

Years ago, I was training at Frontsight Firearms Training Institute in Pahrump, Nevada, https://www.frontsight.com/, and met another female student who was a full-time van lifer. At the time, I thought she was nuts, but now I am beginning to enjoy van life, though presently camping at home base.

If there is still free BLM camping available, would any CRVLer(s) be interested in spending a weekend with me camping and shooting at Frontsight in Pahrump, in October or November?

If so, I'd be happy to gift you a free weekend pass (2-days or 4-days, your choice), but you would have to supply your own everything else (meals, guns, ammo and shooting gear (which should be available for rent and/or purchase from Frontsight)), as well as pay for and pass Frontsight's annual criminal background check.

To be clear, I am offering only a weekend pass and platonic friendship. I'm just looking for a companion to camp out in the BLM desert (if available) and go shooting on the Frontsight ranges with me.

Frontsight requires a reservation be made [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]two weeks [/font]in advance.

If there is any interest, please reply.

Again, I apologize if this post offends anyone in any way.

Thanks.

Souleem

i have been wanting to get down there and do some practice as my father gifted me a lifetime membership some time ago. thanks for reminding me, i need to try harder to get down there.

from what i here, there is plenty of BLM to camp on near Pahrump. not sure how close it is to Front Site

and for others that want to learn how to shoot and handle firearms safely, front site has all sorts of classes for beginners to experts. and they often run specials. way better to go to a place like this and learn proper safety than just having some friend show you "how to shoot" some place

Interesting but expensive.  A week there to get the two CCW's is $2500 plus fees paid to the states for the cards. Have fun shooting.    ~crofter

Apparently theres also a free medical and de tal clinic going on there as well. Search for thread. Would be a great time!

The HOWA van build will be going on in Pahrump the middle of October, so you could have other camping companions.

Please keep all pro or anti-gun opinions out of your comments. These comments will be deleted.
The OP is offering a gift of a 2-days or 4-days pass and would like companionship for camping and shooting.

Crofter, the "rack price" might be $2500 but you can often get certificates off ebay for the 2/4 day course for as little as $50.
Also, I believe there's a small camping area right in front of their main gate.

Ken in Anaheim said:
Crofter, the "rack price" might be $2500 but you can often get certificates off ebay for the 2/4 day course for as little as $50.
OOOH! I'll check it out.  My state recognizes no other state in all of this, but the Nevada and Utah permits are recognized by states I travel in.  Last time I did this, I got an AZ permit and held it for many years. I let it go when I had a problem with my arm, but all better now.    ~crofter

I checked the link again and found that if I registered there I became eligible for a series of offers that reduced the cost of training to something anyone can afford. Then there were more offers if you wanted more training or to bring a friend with you at training. See you in class.    ~crofter
https://www.frontsight.com 

@Crofter, when do you plan to go to Frontsight?

If you reply and I don't respond for a day or two, I apologize. My phone and SIM card have developed issues that Verizon can't seem to fix. :(

@MrNoodly, thank you for sharing that HOWA's van build will be going on in Pahrump the middle of October. Thanks to the members who sent a PMs about the van build too.

As I wrote earlier, I'm having Internet issues, I apologize for my delayed responses.

Souleem said:
@Crofter, when do you plan to go to Frontsight?

If you reply and I don't respond for a day or two, I apologize. My phone and SIM card have developed issues that Verizon can't seem to fix. :(
You can get a new SIM card sometimes free from Verizon store when you call Verizon customer service. Used to be on the phone for them.    ~crofter

The VZ store in Pahrump is at Basin and 160 near the Rebel gas station.

Thanks for all the tips about getting a new SIM card. I went to a Verizon store in Indiana and received a new SIM, but there is no improvement in the cell signal. I'm still getting only one bar. The clerk suggested that I get a new phone.

My signal was excellent until Verizon began pushing 5G several weeks ago, so guess my phone is not playing well with 5G ... or Verizon is trying to get me to give up my grandfathered unlimited data, which has become nearly useless. :(

Forgot to say: I'm dropping out of this thread, but my offer of a free weekend pass to Frontsight still stands if anyone wants one, but I have only one of each now that I've given two away.

Well it turned out to be awesome training and a great time. Pahrump area is really beautiful with mountains all around, people have been really courteous to me here. A great experience.    ~crofter

Practice makes perfect, a new world record 2.2 mile long shot. 
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...d-breaking-kill-shot-in-iraq/article35415651/[/font]

Don't forget to train at Frontsight on your way through Pahrump NV. Nevada permits are reciprocal for many states. You can get the price way down by watching the videos and clicking on their links, posted below. You will need a couple weeks lead time for your class registration to go through.   ~crofter

Frontsight Training https://www.frontsight.com/