Any Healthcare Workers?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anniesezhi

Reaction score
Any RVers in healthcare? I am licensed and currently work in a clinic. I have traveled in the past, was given an apartment and per diem. Has anyone done this and have experience with it? I would like to travel and instead of having an apartments provided, just get living expenses and pay for my housing myself, either an RV park or campsite.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Annie! I think we have a few members who work in healthcare and travel. Hopefully, they'll chime in.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Anniesezhi said:
Any RVers in healthcare? ...

Welcome!  I am an acupuncturist (for over 35 years) and am looking to do week-long "house calls" on my ideal patients.  I won't do acupuncture (unless I get licensed in the particular state that I am in), but will train families how to do a simple energy-medicine technique that cools down hot cancerous tumors. (sometimes going completely away).  I am working on a group online training program (paid) so that I can do these "house calls" for donation only.  Time in nature really stokes my personal healing batteries so that I can give in a powerfully effective way to others.  The van is not so much about reducing overhead (though that is part of my business plan) as it is about creating the lifestyle where I can serve in the most powerful way.

I've also thought about doing "vacation relief" for acupuncturists needing a break, for a few thousand dollars, which will keep me on the road a few months (so I can spend time in nature and build my online presence while keeping body and soul together).

I've thought about contributing pain-relief or nutrition advise (I'm also an Registered Dietitian...though an "alternative" one) to fellow nomads in any temporary traveling community I encounter.  My goal is to finally have a lifestyle that supports MY health, not just serves others' health.  Only in this way do I feel I can give in the powerful way I know I am capable of.