Another nice (long, pic heavy) conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37446

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I long for the funds and time (1 more year to work semi F/T), I search different forums for ideas. Here's a pleasant one to look at, from a "regular hi-dollar" RV Forum. It's long (16 pages and 57,408 views ) and lots of very clear, careful images from a guy who starts off with an older full sized Blazer to camp in, then he graduates to a 2001 Chevy Express passenger van. The main build is the van, it just begins with the Blazer pics so don't get confused!

Aside from the fact that he is a woodworker and does a great job (garage full of tools no doubt) of making custom things, he has neat ideas about lighting, kitchen, electrical etc.  

If you are wanting a typical passenger/window/conversion van as a base, do yourself a favor and look at this thread/link.  Of course I couldnt post 16 pages so you'll need to go on it yourself!

Oh, look at page 4, he describes the FREE camping in small town parks WITH power and often dump sites... WOW

From: RV.Net Open Roads Class B - Camping Van, under "General Topics", then "DIY", then his thread entitled "My Chevrolet Express  Van Class B - camper".

Would it be possible to provide a link?

Latest posts