An Interesting minivan stealth build video

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deryk_the_gypsy

Reaction score
hey folks, I saw this on youtube and figured I would share it.    It is using a fold out bed (very vw van styled) I like the extra ventilation he devised.  The minivan 2nd row drivers side window opens/closes, he built an enclosure along the top of the window so he only needs to open it 2-3 inches, a series of stacked computer muffin fans to pull the outside air in and directs it to blow down on the people sleeping.  Pretty clever, and he is a good carpenter.

OMGosh that is fabulous....exactly how I want my retirement minivan

I was contemplating doing this style, but with my back the way it is the side couch I made in Dobby means I can always immediately lay down when my back is hurting, no lifting needed to lay down...but I like the storage cubbies he added, and the vent I like. I wish Dobby's slider door windows opened.

O. M. G.
Obviously an engineer of some sort!! Wow.. nice job.
RIP Freckles... ( my 12 yr. relationship w/my Sienna is over and passed on to my son.. lol)

Plenum, muffin fans, terms I'm not familiar with. But WOW, those screens and the nicely labeled solar set up, blue nifty buttons. And the reuse of a tent part as a curtain rod.

Really nicely done, thanks for sharing.