Amazon Tucson hiring now

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ella1

Reaction score
On the news this week, the new Amazon center is hiring about 3000 people.
Amazon.com will be hiring more than 3,000 people in Pima County and Pima County Community Services, Employment & Training has been helping them. You could be one of those new hires! Text TUSNOW1 to 77088. Reply with zip code 85756 or 85713.

This center is in southeast Tucson, east of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.

Qxxx said:
including technical. Are having some trouble finding qualified people.

Part of that is their "recruiters" have that Problem with their Brains being Missing. :(
Over the last couple of years, I sporadically receive LinkedIn spam from their recruiters, and every time I've asked they haven't been able to articulate what qualifications I have that they're interested in.
At first, I thought they might be interested in someone tackling their enormous outgoing spam problems, but their pimps/recruiters know nothing about that.
As far as I can tell, their working standards (for techies) are incompatible with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). :(

Bottom line: in all of the employer reputation databases I have access to, they have a poor rating. :(

P.S. Geekery: In the most recent season of "Doctor Who" (a science fiction TV series) one of the coolest eps was set in a future equivalent of Amazon, and did a superb job of demonstrating the issues of corporate cultures that don't care about the workers.
Episode title is "Kerblam!". :)