Aluminum screenes in pick and pull

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpa pete

Reaction score
Today I was at the Clearwater LQK and saw a  set of aluminum screenes in a junk older chevy van . They were for the pop out windows on the sides and rear .
the screene frames were screwed into the door and there were zippers on them to access the pop out latches . 
I had never seen a set of these .....
there were two rear seat swivels and a front passenger seat swivel .

I do hope you grabbed them!

Even if you have to replace or fix the screening in them.

And if you have the time, making templates from them would allow others to duplicate them.

They were rather common back in the 70's and 80's on camper vans!

Right here!

https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-How-To-Add-a-Photo

I use Option 2 so that I don't have to use an outside hosting site. I simply resize my photos on my laptop, name them so I can find them and upload them right here.

There's a whole section of tutorials on how to do just about anything here on the forum...go to 'Forum News and Announcements' and then in to the 'How-To Tutorials'.

Almost There said:
Right here!

https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-How-To-Add-a-Photo

I use Option 2 so that I don't have to use an outside hosting site. I simply resize my photos on my laptop, name them so I can find them and upload them right here.

There's a whole section of tutorials on how to do just about anything here on the forum...go to 'Forum News and Announcements' and then in to the 'How-To Tutorials'.
See... you lost me at " resize your photograph " ...

Oops. sorry!

What programs do you  have/use on your laptop/computer to save or work with your pictures?

If it's not one I have then someone else will pop in and give you a tutorial.

Junkyards are a treasure hunt, really- All kinds of stuff you didn't know existed-
Out of 11 years of a model run, ONE year they used aluminum wheels for the spare-
Super light, as in moving spare with one hand.

Plus, you can get 'good to have'extras- Fuses, bulbs and other little things conveniently

Kinda sad, though. see vehicles with all kinds of new parts, some poor guy just put on.

grandpa pete said:
See... you lost me at " resize your photograph " ...

Grandpa Pete,

1. Just get a digital camera: my favorite is a Sony from Walmart (about $70) with a 32GB memory card (about $20) in it.

2. Then post your .Jpeg file on ANY Google forum, and you will get a http (internet) file storage location for free. You just have to justify the pics on the site's mission.

3. You're done!

Almost free, and almost easy: or it don't get a combined 'any cheaper' and 'any easier' than that.

If that is too much, than either get a girl to show you or do it for you: they are pretty smart!

or just up load your pictures from your digital camera to your computer's picture files. then you don't need a third party hosting site and you keep complete control of your pictures. highdesertranger