Alternative to using fresh potatoes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my best friends has Celiac Disease and must avoid gluten. His diet has more restrictions than mine. I take a med (Metformin) for my diabetic condition. When I was on Coumadin, I had more diet restrictions. Sometimes those of Coumadin and those of Diabetes conflicted. I switched to the blood thinner Xarelto and have no diet restrictions due to it.
I hate being on prescription meds. But it has become necessary.

Almost There said:
Please share.

X2. I love using sweet potatoes in place of white. I make sweet potato latkes (pancakes) in Dec that my friends and family adore. I'll either type up recipe or find one online similar to what I do if anyone wants. Or just do a search for them. That's how I started and then just adjusted as I went but that's how I cook.

I'm thinking of going wheat & gluten free for health reasons but oh how I love my bread and my local bakeries. Plus I grew up learning to use (inexpensive high glycemic) carbs to stretch meals. That'll be difficult. I admire anyone who can do it for long periods of time.