Alpine AZ Primitive Camping- Anyone Interested??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorcamogirl

Reaction score
I am planning to go camping in Alpine AZ later this month at one of the primitive campgrounds along the Black River - I will be bringing my two very well behaved "Hiking Dogs"- I have an off grid travel trailer and enjoy walking through the woods and being out in nature. I am a small business owner and love the "Cheap do-it-yourself" lifestyle. I do have a home base in southern AZ and am a part time RVer.  Although I enjoy my own company I have decided that perhaps having some like minded company might make things even better! Looking for positive upbeat friends that have their own rig....people to hike with the dogs with-quiet relaxing company-I love to hunt for mushrooms- share conversation and laughter and swap stories....I would be getting there on a Thursday and leaving on Sunday morning....if anyone is interested, let me know!

I'll be passing that way in mid-August, on my way to NM.

I'll be headed from Mesa, AZ to Heron Lake, NM starting probably on the Wednesday the 18th with no hard set itinerary. Which Thursday are you looking at?

I absolutely LOVE that area. Grew up trout fishing there as a wee lad.

Unfortunately, I already have plans to attend a campout with friends during that period at Baca Meadow, near Heber.

But I urge anyone who isn't aware of Arizona's varied climates and topography to consider checking that area out with outdoorcamogirl or anyone else. You just would not believe you are in the desert southwest. Its a rainforest like you would find in the northwest. Exhilerating.

travelaround said:
Sounds like fun but I won't be in Arizona until closer to winter. Maybe something then?

At this point it is still up in the air about exactly 'When"...I am flexible....I just know I want to hit the Aspen campground in Alpine before the end of July....then I want to try the Hannagans Meadow campground just south of Alpine another weekend after that....If you think one of those weekends may work and are interested, please PM me.

travelaround said:
Sounds like fun but I won't be in Arizona until closer to winter. Maybe something then?

Not sure what weekend yet...but am flexible....it will be sometime before the end of july….at least a week or two from now..

Might want to check out Winn NF campground on route 273 southeast of Greer at 9320'. Half price if your a old geezer like me. Hike Mt Baldy nearby

Latest posts