Alone with dog

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonsun

Reaction score
Do camp host jobs allow for this? I find I'm very limited with what I can do with my girl. I cant just leave her alone all day.

Any suggestions?

I've been living and working at many campgrounds and pretty much all of them have allowed dogs , leashes sometimes required , sometimes not. (state laws).
I would think a well behaved dog especially one that doesn't bark all the time would not be a problem .
Each place will be somewhat different so just ask .

I was a camp host this year and was alone with my dog the entire time. Unless you're managing multiple sites with a company vehicle, then they probably won't let you bring her in that vehicle. Mine wasn't allowed to ride of the golf cart. If you drive your own vehicle they can't stop you.

If I recall correctly, bob had a blog post about a year ago on host jobs, where he mentioned driving around to sites and kids getting excited to see his dog each time.

So you're kind of out and about around the grounds? That would work fine. I'm concerned about an 8 hr shift while she's alone at my camp all day.

thanks for the insight

I'm not sure what kind of host job you're looking for so it's hard to be specific. I was at a primitive no hookup site so all I had to do was check people in and maintain the 21 site campground. The longest period I had to leave the dog in the camper was probably a couple hours, and I could have leashed him with me or near but it was extremely inconvenient.

Find where you want to go and call the concessionaire, they'll be able to answer all your questions and the regional manager can answer your campground specific questions.

Who are you working through might I ask?

The concessionaire I had was recreation resource management of America