Aloha from Hawaii

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamakua

Reaction score
Hi, I am a middle aged woman living on the Big Island. Cost of living and a injury that happened in 2005 led me to camping on some ag land for 3 years. I had  a ex-boy friend i could visit and do laundry, so i was not camping all the time, but i was told to quit camping at the spot last year and living with my friend full time now. Another friend from another island has a vacant lot on this island i can park on, so will start staying there hopefully in a few weeks. No vegetation so i have to be stealth. The county wants everyone living in permitted dwellings. I really like outdoor living, Sometimes trying but was very happy and at peace so close to nature. I am clean and sober. Would like to find other drug-free women to camp with.

Aloha! You're so lucky to be doing that there!<br /><br />My friend's brother lived/perma-camped on one of the islands about 15/20 years ago. I remember him telling us how he did it and the pictures he brought back.<br /><br />