Affordable Care Act Sigup

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedhighway46

Reaction score
As a totally normal non-political "Tribe public service announcement" for those of you who don't routinely listen to broadcast media, NPR just had a blurb that today is the first day for annual signup for enrollment in the Affordable Care Act program.

FYI.

I've been trying to log in all day.....click 'log in'....get 'wait here' page.

My current Bronze plan thru Blue Cross sent me a renewal notice...not offering Bronze this year...if I do nothing and let it renew it will go to Silver and the monthly nut (with my Federal subsidy) will increase 2370%. :mad:

Hopefully the website will free up a bit soon and I can change coverage....though I have seen 'internet rumors' that the website issues are on purpose to hide the huge price increases and reduced choices til after next Tuesday. :(

2016 Bronze from Blue Cross:
$6000 deductible
$6000 max out of pocket
$470/mo less 452 subsidy cost me 18 bucks/mo.

2017 Silver offered as renewal from Blue Cross:
$3500 deductible
$6850 max out of pocket
$956/mo less (projected) 530 subsidy will cost me 426/mo

I'll update once I gain access to the site. :rolleyes:

So I finally get logged in by following a link from an email the system sent me.
Since Blue Cross was not offering Bronze plans this year I chose one from Aetna.
Same basic "catastrophic" policy....ie. nothing covered until deductible is met.

This year:
$7050 deductible (up 1050)
$7050 max out of pocket (up 1050)
$549/mo (up 79/mo) Projected subsidy after application filed is $540, so my share will be 9 bucks/mo.

Still have problems logging in thru normal 'log in' button, but if I use my email link its ok.

During application, got stopped at the final step when site could not 'verify' my ID...even tho i am an existing marketplace customer. :huh:

Had to call that infamous 800 number and re-enter about half of the application I had just finished...go figure. :(

As a comparison, in 2014 I bought a similar "catastrophic" plan (non ACA compatible) that had a $5000 deductible/max for $200/mo.....(plus $427 penalty with my Federal taxes. The increases of that penalty now make buying non ACA insurance unviable.)

Hopefully, that choice will return soon....without the FORCED payment of a PENALTY via the IRS!  :mad:

I printed out my company offering (49 pages...yes, 49 with lots of legal words and such). They dropped the "Free" PPO plan...for this year. So, I'm going to be looking this over big time...Right off the abt, 33.75 a month (Kaiser was $27) and vision ay $0.65 a month...(I like) so we'll be seeing what's coming... Not sure if my deductible is $1,500 or $3K...

speedhighway46 said:
As a totally normal non-political "Tribe public service announcement" for those of you who don't routinely listen to broadcast media, NPR just had a blurb that today is the first day for annual signup for enrollment in the Affordable Care Act program.

FYI.

SIGH:  I wish.  Here in Missouri, this is regulated to the point that their is only one option available to most of the residents.  The big companies have backed out of the market.

I will not get into the reason why, as that will get my post removed.   :(

I got the notice my plan isn't coming back, I haven't had the guts to go looking. Sigh.