Affordable Care Act enrollment period

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ella1

Reaction score
I hope I'm not out of line posting this. It affects many people possibly here.
If this is inappropriate, please move to the correct forum.

The 2018 ACA (Affordable Care Act) enrollment period has been shortened from 90 days to 45 days (November 1-December 15, 2017) and the advertising budget to promote open enrollment has been slashed from $1M to $100k.

Also ACA enrollment site will be down for "repairs" half a day every Sunday during the enrollment period. Plan accordingly. Open enrollment starts a week from tomorrow. Premium-reducing subsidies WILL be available for those who financially qualify.

(Edited by moderator to remove anything that was even vaguely political.)

Thanks for doing that. Here's the gov link:
https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/dates-and-deadlines/

The 2018 Open Enrollment Period runs from November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017.

IMPORTANT: 2018 Open Enrollment is shorter than ever

This is a shorter enrollment period than previous years, so it’s important to act quickly. If you don’t act by December 15, you can’t get 2018 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Plans sold during Open Enrollment start January 1, 2018.

Ella1 said:
"The 2018 ACA (Affordable Care Act) enrollment period has been shortened from 90 days to 45 days (November 1-December 15, 2017)."

I've had it for past 3 years. It was a deciding factor for me getting out of the "rat race" early. Had to draw from my 401K to qualify for it. My pension alone, put me below the qualifying minimum which was about $5,000.00. Drawed it for 3 years. Will receive SS if Feb 2018. Leave that 401K alone now.

"Premium-reducing subsidies WILL be available for those who financially qualify. "

Only time I wanted to watch the news, was when health care came up. Other than that. Don't need it. Just the weather. I figure I will probably make too much to qualify for the subsides, since SS will kick in. But I will look at the web site and see what the premiums will look like. If it's too much, oh well. Not gonna worry about it.  I do not have a pre-existing condition. I'd only have 3 years to go to qualify for Medicare when hit 65. Best to take care of your health and not worry about what's out of your control. It's life.
RTR T-Minus 75 Days and counting.