Adhesive comparison test video

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNoodly

Reaction score
So, you're building out your nomadic home, or you need to make some repairs. What would be a good adhesive to use? This YouTube guy applied various tests to JB Weld, FlexGlue, Gorilla Glue and Loctite PL Premium?

So...some of us don't have bandwidth to watch YouTubes. Can you whisper which glue won?

The Dire Wolfess

I will watch it later. I love that guy. I am a subscriber to his channel. IMO he runs good nonbiased test. not perfect but a lot better then most you tubers. highdesertranger

that was a poor set of tests. first the glues have different characteristics from the get go. flex vs rigid, thin vs thick, quicker cure vs longer. they all have different applications in the real world. then he sets up test that while he did it equally with each product they are unrealistic. who butt glues pvc pipe? butt glue bricks and 2x4's? really.

just silly, you can even hear him laugh.

You really don't want to see my plumbing fixes as I'm over 100 miles from a hardware store do you! Original JB weld and several different types of tape mainly to keep things in place while the JB weld dries. I've got one hidden butt joint been working 10 years it did take 2 tries, but god smiles on me as a member of the Y.A.R.C.!!!

If I ever need to glue flower pots together now I know to use JB weld. :p it was an interesting test. JB weld has failed on my before if there is in torsion on the joint. But according to the package it's been used to repair a cracked engine block on a bulldozer successfully. Maybe the engine block was terra cotta as well. :p

Seminole Wind said:
...the glues have different characteristics...

Yet they each claim to be useful for just about everything.