Adding a high top

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ClassyGlobal, I am very familiar with NC as I live in Virginia Beach. I'm only up north right now taking care of my 94 year old father. My mom passed last year and my sib's, who live in this state, don't want to be bothered with him. So to keep him out of a nursing home (which would kill his spirit if he had to live in one) I closed up my home and came to take care of him.
It's not really a bed deal as daddy was a cabinet maker in his day. So as I work on getting my van ready, I can get great advice on how to get it done.

rtb111, yes I can stand up. I believe I have 6' inside. I have about 8" above my head.

ClassyGlobal said:
Someone mentioned NJ where I currently reside temporarily, Has anyone contacted CycleVan 732-238-3110?

I live in NJ and contacted CycleVan a few months ago. They no longer install high tops, nor did I find anyone closer than NC that does.

The top looks fantastic, Doneta! That top looks so much higher than the standard TV top. 

So glad it worked out with Fiberglass Molding and Engineering. They seemed like a good company to work with.

I had my 24" top put on my extended GMC Savana at TCI Mobility in PA. Total cost with steel roll cage was $3200. Took about 3 days.

highdesertranger said:
please edit the pictures out when you quote.  there is no reason to have the same pic over and over.  it's very annoying for people on their smart phone with limited data.  highdesertranger

I'm used to other forums where that's done automatically.  I wonder if there is a similar option in the forum software used for this forum?

Thanks to the folks on another forum, they let me know that there are two other high top options to consider. Both companies are in Colorado. The one I may go with is Opt Overland. Contact Dai at  [email protected]. They have a 14" and 24" hightop for Ford vans (both regular and extended). I was just quoted today a price of $1800 or $2100 for the 14" and 24" for my Ford E350 (reg).

The other place I know of is Colorado Camper Van (CCV). They are a bit pricier though ... about $4600 for my van.