Added factory cruise control to 2005 Express van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyflorida

Reaction score
Hello I just bought a 2005 Express and it did not have cruise which is a must have for me 

So i did a little research went down to the local upull yard and pulled a cruise box cable and multifunction switch for $40 and it works perfect so know you know it is possible if you wondered

Glad you were able to do what you wanted with it. I've never really understood what cruise control is, nor how it works. Why is it a necessity for you?

Well I'm a guy who has drove over 2 million miles in my life when you drive 6-700 miles in a day your leg would be sore from just holding it on the throttle plus it can help with fuel mileage on flat ground 

As far as what does when you get to the speed you want you set cruise and hold your speed and you take your foot off throttle to shut off you hit brake or turn off

This is great information! My van also does not have cruise control and I miss it terribly. Might look into doing this myself.

When I recently bought my 2006 Chevy Express, I was disappointed that it did not have cruise control, and wanted to add it. I thought that would mean an expensive retrofit. But I was pleased to discover how easy it is, because Chevy included the cruise control software in the computers of ALL the vans, even the ones where they did not install the turn signal tree that has the control features. So fortunately, all I had to pay for was a replacement turn signal stick with the appropriate features on it. I gave it to my mechanic buddy, and it was plug-and-play.

Adding the power windows, however, was another story.

I'm happy to hear that it is an easy install.  I want to add it on my 2015 Express 2500.  I never use cruise on my cars, but unfortunately, the Express is short on leg room for me, and I would like to remove my foot from the gas on long drives to stretch it out.  Thanks for the post!

Latest posts