Acronyms w/o definition are a large pain

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long boring drives turn the license plates in front of me into acronyms to figure out.

Wait!

There is an UNDEFINED acronym in the TITLE of this thread!

>>>>>>>>  w/o  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:huh:

Point being, of course, that some acronyms are so common that we use them without even thinking about it...even when commenting about the acronyms that OTHERS use without thinking about them.

rm.w/aview said:
Long boring drives turn the license plates in front of me into acronyms to figure out.

ok, i have to admit this here then...in my area we have a trash hauling company BFI...huge trucks on the road, always hard to see around, BIG WHITE LETTERS plastered on the trucks. BFI
Everytime I see one, yup, "Big Ef... Idiot" zings right into my brain. cant stop it

sreesekelley said:
Ever hear of the ID 10 T error?

I may have,  but at 65, I think I've forgotten more than I remember. ...

So let's say No. ...

:D

Please share,  if you would like to. 

Pat

rm.w/aview said:

I spice that one up a little by turning them into personal ad acronyms -

TDM = trisexual divorced male, for instance

(or transgender, but I started playing this game years ago!)

pnolans said:
I may have,  but at 65, I think I've forgotten more than I remember. ...

So let's say No. ...

:D

Please share,  if you would like to. 

Pat

just write the letters of the error as one sequence and it should become clearer.  It came from a list of 'I overheard this from a help desk phone call' type of article

sreesekelley said:
Ever hear of the ID 10 T error?

"Have you tried turning it off...?"

One of my favs, is APOTSIP 'all part of the service I provide.' as kind of a snarky retort when I do something amazing or dumb without intending to..

sreesekelley said:
just write the letters of the error as one sequence and it should become clearer.  It came from a list of 'I overheard this from a help desk phone call' type of article

Hehehe. ....

No, I haven't. ... incredible. .. that's definitely my kind of joke.

Latest posts