Accesory Lens for Cell Phones

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several companies make them. Aukey might sell the most popular.

Seen them before, forgot about this. May have to revisit the idea of getting a set of these... After I get a new cellphone, this one is beat and being held together by superglue lol.

Walmart just had these or something close on clearance for $1. The set I got was a fisheye, a wide angle and a macro lens.

I've seen the wide angle at Dollar Treee for a buck (bought one)

I've also seen the Kit shown above for around $15.  Seems like it was at a Rite Aid or CVS Pharmacy.  (didn't expect to see something like it there)

when you get the chance, could you give us a review, it will be interesting if you could post with/without pics would be neat. it would be fun to see what a buck gets you.

This is what my Lens looks like,  This is a photo from Google images.

5074ad88a5d04b27a2cd625529cfb5a5

It works sort of like a clothes pin.  Just clips on.

Here is a youtube review of it. 

thanks for the pic. i don't do youtube, do you think it helps, or is it more of a pain?

The Youtube is a demo of the Lens  and a sort of tutorial for using it.  It is short but covers the use of it and shows before and after while using the Lens.  Thus you can really see what it can do.

As for the Lens,  yes when you need wide angle it can provide that function.  But you have to remember when using wide angle when you come in close to what you are photographing it can distort the edges of the photo.
So it is better to take wide angle shots from a bit of a distance back from the subject. 

I'm sure in time the camera function of a Cell Phone will improve vastly.  I've read where Americans are replacing their Cell's about every 1 1/2 years now,  so with that turn over rate I'd bet the camera functions will grow better.

i think I've seen a new model with 2 lenses if I'm not mistaken.

caretaker said:
i think I've seen a new model with 2 lenses if I'm not mistaken.

My original post is to a set that includes telephoto, wide-angle, fish-eye, and macro lenses.

Latest posts