AC In a Camry or trade for Prius

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanvanvanvan123

Reaction score
Almost two years in Calif In a Camry with engine running the AC. ( not good for engine )
Not looking forward to even the spring time let alone summer late autumn HEAT

Jackery bluetti etc plus an actual small ac unit ( no idea where exhaust and water would go ! I can use 110/120 Ac to charge jackery or whatever is recommended ) feasible ?

OR

hang myself

OR

TRADE IN to supposedly the only car with climate control
With engine turning on intermittently. The Prius ?

Thoughts suggestions
No I won’t hang myself

Almost two years in Calif In a Camry with engine running the AC. ( not good for engine )
Not looking forward to even the spring time let alone summer late autumn HEAT

Jackery bluetti etc plus an actual small ac unit ( no idea where exhaust and water would go ! I can use 110/120 Ac to charge jackery or whatever is recommended ) feasible ?

OR

hang myself

OR

TRADE IN to supposedly the only car with climate control
With engine turning on intermittently. The Prius ?

Thoughts suggestions
No I won’t hang myself
I would double-check if whatever Jackery (or other power station) you might be considering can run an AC. Offhand, I don't know of any. It's not the voltage that matters, it's the surge wattage to just start an AC compressor. That takes a lot! Then whatever station or battery setup you have needs to be recharged and just using solar would take a lot of panels and time. I'm not saying it can't be done with a large RV of some kind. But in a Camry? I think you would need the battery power of a Tesla or Prius.

Time to trade! Two years of idling.no bueno! Toyota Prius time, good luck finding a good used one! Have it checked and keep a large emergency fund.

There are other hybrids that can do the same. Definitely research if you choose something other than a Prius.